Unlike the folks from San Francisco, who loved the Four Seasons at Troon and hated Sanctuary, we've stayed at both, and come back repeatedly to Sanctuary. We spent our 20th Anniversary at the Seasons at Troon, and it was fine, but frankly, it felt like just another nice hotel. The food there was anything but spectacular, the pool water was 90 degrees, but the casita was lovely as could be. Even the dead packrat on our patio couldn't spoil it.
We usually get a mountain suite at Sanctuary, and this summer will be our fourth stay in four years. We find it comfortable, not at all pretentious and pretty much ideal. Great location for shopping, visiting things. Terrific restaurant! The service couldn't be more attentive and courteous. Last summer, I slipped and fell at poolside, seriously banged up one leg and foot. They came to our suite with the proper bandages and dressings, saw to it that I was fixed up, then called our home afterward to follow up.
When I was working, I traveled extensively, and have stayed at MANY fine hotels. And, they have felt like, well, hotels. Sanctuary feels homey to me, and allows its guests to experience our fine desert life in Arizona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your sanctuary at the best Arizona resort...a luxury boutique hideaway on Camelback Mountain. Overlooking the spectacular views of Paradise Valley, relax in a mountainside or spa casita. Retreat to Sanctuary Spa for Asian-inspired treatments and exhilarating classes. Taste the award-winning cuisine of elements' by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan. Savor the sunset at jade bar or on edge, raising the bar for happy hour. Play tennis or hike in a fabulous setting, lounge by the infinity-edge pool, or indulge in Scottsdale's hottest shopping, cultural attractions and championship golf just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanctuary Camelback Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Hotel Paradise Valley
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Paradise Valley