I will start by saying that this was the fourth year in a row that we have stayed at the Sanctuary. Obviously, we have always been happy. But this year's stay was the best yet. I think the staff is finally getting the level of service just "right" for a top line resort.
The greatest attribute of the Sanctuary is its location. The mountainside views are stunning. Most of the mountain casita suites have fantastic views. If you don't like the view of your room, ask for another. Another strong point: the resort is very, very quiet and private. We rarely even run into other guests (one on this trip was baseball star Derek Jeter). If you are looking for seclusion and quiet, this is a great place to stay. I have stayed at the Phoenician, for example, and the Sanctuary is FAR better if peace and quiet is what you are looking for.
On my last three visits I had found the service generally good, but a little uneven for a resort charging $500+ a night. On this trip, however, there was a noticeable improvement in the quality of service. I think the management must be emphasizing service as there were no petty annoyances.
This resort is also in an excellent location. The Four Seasons--also a lovely property--is basically in the middle of nowhere, requiring a 30 minute drive go shopping, out to dinner, etc. The Sanctuary is just five to ten minutes away from all the major Scottsdale stores and restaurants.
In case you can't tell, I'm already looking forward to next year's trip to the Sanctuary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your sanctuary at the best Arizona resort...a luxury boutique hideaway on Camelback Mountain. Overlooking the spectacular views of Paradise Valley, relax in a mountainside or spa casita. Retreat to Sanctuary Spa for Asian-inspired treatments and exhilarating classes. Taste the award-winning cuisine of elements' by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan. Savor the sunset at jade bar or on edge, raising the bar for happy hour. Play tennis or hike in a fabulous setting, lounge by the infinity-edge pool, or indulge in Scottsdale's hottest shopping, cultural attractions and championship golf just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Camelback Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Hotel Paradise Valley
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Paradise Valley