1,979 results
All reviewsjade barelements restaurantspa casitainfinity poolcamelback mountaintop notchmountain view suitespa treatmentspraying monkliving roomroom serviceflip flopspool stafffitness classesturn down serviceget awayfour seasons
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a great 1 week stay at the Sanctuary.

The hotel is set up in a boutique style, with small buildings spread through out the grounds.

We stayed in a Spa Suite which was furnished in a very zen like fashion, with a very modern decor. The room is first rate, with great amenities, a wonderful deck, and a soaking tub in the back courtyard.

My wife and I took full advantage of the hotel, spending 4 days at the pool, playing tennis every morning, and using the spa and fitness center. Some comments on each:

Pool: Very nice infinity pool with floats provided. Service was first rate. We were provided with water within seconds of arriving, and were always being offered drink/food services. The pool bar food was very good with a full menu of health options. The only downside to the pool was the construction noise occurring just beyond the fence. The pool sits just below the restaurant, where the construction is in full force. We were annoyed with jackhammers, back hoes, and an ongoing beeping just about everyday. Although the noise only occurs about 3-4 hours a day, it typically hit every time we were there. I went to front desk to inquire about the situation and was given a nice apology, but unfortunately no accommodations were made for us. A bit disappointing after spending some much for the week.

Spa: A fantastic experience. The spa is great escape and has all of the necessary amenities (hot tub, steam room, meditation area, fresh fruit etc...). My wife had a facial and we both had massages. Both services were fist rate and made the experience very special. The staff was very accommodating and added to the enjoyment.

Fitness: Great fitness center. All of the machines are in top condition with integrated tv's. Cardio was all Precor. Ice water, gatorade, towels, headsets, fruit, magazines were all avaialbe at no cost. We also took some fitness classes including cardio dance, hike and bike, and palates. The classes were all great, including the instructors who really cared about the guest, and made it apparent that they enjoyed their jobs.

Tennis: We played tennis every day, including a lesson with John. He was the most professional and enjoyable pro we have ever experienced. He worked very hard with my wife and I on improving our game, but also made the experience very enjoyable. They provide iced towels and bottled water while using the courts.

Elements: The restaurant has a fantastic view of the grounds and the surrounding mountain scape. The food was also very good and worthy of the prices. We had a lower booth which made the dinning experience great.

Concierge: The team worked very hard to ensure my wife and I had all we needed...limo service, great restaurants, in-room amenities, and numerous nightlife options. They helped me develop a great week of fun events.

Bell desk: a bunch of great guys who took us to the mall, restaurants, clubs etc...they were very eager to help and fun to chat with.

All in all, this was a fantastic resort, serviced by a staff that really enjoys their jobs and provides first rates service.

The only negative for us was the construction. For how much we spent over the week, the front desk/management should have offered us a small consideration to recognize the inconvenience, as the noise really was intrusive and detracted from the experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJS10
Reviewed September 18, 2009

This place is so great. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. You can really just get lost in the beauty of this place. But, don't let anyone kid you, it is HOT in the desert in the summer! Bring sunscreen.
The staff is the best I've ever experienced. From the bell stand, to the concierge, to the room service, the staff couldn't be better. Some names of exceptional people I can remember are Brett and Taylor from the bell stand, Joanna from the front desk, and I was given a ride on a golf cart a couple times from Steve, not sure where he worked. There were so many others that I can't think of their name that made our stay unbelievable.
I would recommend this place to ANYONE.
The only down side was they were doing construction on the restaurant and it took a little bit away from the ambiance of the place. But other than that, it was perfection.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2009

The room was more than you could imagine, comfortable beds, bathtubs on the patio, a living room that is modern and sleek. The service was in-comparable. Anything you want, you get, and not only do you get it, you get it right away. The menu was incredible as well. The chefs have put their soul into the menu and you will be able to taste it.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Stayed for 6 nights of what I can only describe as near perfection. The staff were very helpful, the weather, apart from a 1 hour downpour, was excellent, The food at Elements was really good and the service was above and beyond. Nothing was too much trouble. My wife and I will be returning especially if we can get the very reasonable rates, it was their off season. A hire car is essential and I would suggest a sat nav which we did not have as at night I found navigating anything other than the main roads difficult but that may just be my ineptitude.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

This is an incredible resort, one of the best in the world. However, the resort is currently undergoing a major renovation in the area adjacent to the pool/restaurant/bar/spa complex. All day long you will be treated to the sound of multiple jack hammers, drilling, sawing, and hammering accompanied by clouds of dust. Forget about a relaxing time by the pool or in the spa. You can hear the noise all over the property. This morning we were told by the front desk that the jack hammering was finished, but 30 minutes later it started again. The construction is due to be completed by November. Until then, I would recommend that you avoid Sanctuary.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skeeterville1
Sancmanager, Resort Manager at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Please note that the "major renovation" mentioned is an expansion of our main kitchen. We regret the few days of noise due to the need to remove some old concrete.

The remaining work is behind a fence and a wall and we expect minimal noise as the transformation continues.