“Truly relaxing!”

Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We just came back from a weekend getaway and I cannot stop wishing I was back at the Sanctuary! Service from all staff we encountered was friendly and efficient. We stayed in a spa suite (spa suites are 1/2 of its own little building, so it feels quiet and secluded),and it was huge! The living area was large with huge glass doors and a fireplace, the bedroom was also spacious with access to the patio. The bathroom and closet were also very large and the bathroom opens to an enclosed patio with a lounger and outdoor tub. I just couldn't get over how comfy the suite was, we just didn't want to leave. We spent a lot of time at the pool (its smaller than I would have expected), and really enjoyed the food, drinks (hello, Fiery Mandarin!), and friendly and fast service. I cannot recommend the Sanctuary enough, can't wait to go back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was great- the rooms are UNBELIEVABLE! Our room was huge- It could be a home.... it has a kitchenette, living room, dining table, large balcony, large bedroom, and big bathroom. Everything was perfectly clean. The ice truck brought ice multiple times per day. The rooms were cleaned daily, and there was also nightly turndown service.

I went to the spa and had a hot stone massage- wonderful! If you have time, get there earlier than the suggested 30 minutes, because the spa itself is very nice: eucalyptus steam room, jacuzzi, and plenty of nice big showers with everything you could need- everything is cleaned immediately after you use it! So nice.

Breakfast was very good.

The pool is awesome- there is no loud music at the pool (yay!)- the pool servers are always around and eager to help. They keep water out for everyone. Pina coladas are amazing :)

I think this resort is amazing... and while it is expensive, I think it is a GREAT value for what you get.

And maybe the best part (other than the fantastic rooms), is the view- from any part of the resort!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent 3 nights at Sanctuary on a work retreat and was thoroughly impressed with the customer service at this resort. People we kind, courteous, and willing to go that extra mile to ensure that their guests were happy. The grounds, restaurant, and spa are beautiful and really promote relaxation and elegance. The views from the restaurant and the pool are breathtaking. Food and cocktails are pricey but worth the money. A well earned 5 star.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Casa 9 at the Camelback Sanctuary while I was on business. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service was absolutely first class.

Casa 9 was incredibly beautiful, with a large great room and expansive patio where we spent time each evening and early each morning to see the sun set and sun rise. We also enjoyed the pool, with a couple of chairs pulled up under the palm tree. The plunge pool helped keep us cool, and there were a lot of hummingbirds to watch while we sat poolside.

The bar at the resort was fantastic, and we highly recommend the Fiery Mandarin mixed drink - a real surprise. We also used the spa and highly recommend the therapeutic massage.

If you get up early in the morning, it is a short trip to hike up Camelback Mountain and enjoy the sunrise.

Overall a wonderful trip, and we highly recommend Sanctuary Camelback Mountain!

Room Tip: Casa 9 has a beautiful view of the valley below and the mountains above.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in the mountain vista king suite 225. Check-in was quick and staff were on hand to guide us to a parking spot near the unit. The suite has a large living/dining area as well as a kitchenette equipped with a 2-burner stove, microwave, Keurig machine, and a small fridge. Sadly the cutlery and dinnerware were plastic (supposedly to comply with health department rules) and there were no pots/pans or tools available if you do want to cook up something. I guess the stove is there just to use the water kettle.

The living area is comfortable with plenty of seating and a fireplace and has a nice view. The balcony is accessible from the living area and the bedroom. The bedroom seems small with the king-sized poster bed and rather large bedside tables. There is a sliding red window between the bedroom and the bathroom. The bathroom is large enough but there are no towel racks. The red flower toiletries smelled wonderful. The decor is 60s style but is updated, except for the kitchenette cabinets. The unit was well-insulated from outside noise. The bed was very comfortable.

The views are excellent and we would have spent more time out on the balcony if the temperature wasn't 107 degrees. A patio umbrella would be nice to have. The resort layout feels very tight; there are not many open spaces, even by the pool. There are 2 pools - one outside the restaurant and a lap pool by the fitness room. I didn't go for any spa services but the spa environment looked very nice and relaxing. Apart from the views the best part of this resort was the staff; everyone was friendly and helpful. Overall this is a very nice resort but we've stayed at others in the area more to our taste.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at The Sanctuary. Great place to recharge. Quiet, very clean, good customer service, love the pool and nice bar. Had room service for breakfast every morning and its the only place that I have found that does it with 5 stars. Food was still hot and very good. Sat out on the patio every morning to a great cup of coffee !!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We wanted a perfect weekend getaway that was laid back, not "proper", and quiet so we could reconnect and be pampered. We found the right place! They truly know their business at this resort! Every person there was cheerful, laughing and really enjoying their work. We walked around a lot and heard many of them chatting and laughing among themselves... later we found that many of them have worked here for years. Thats good stuff in any industry! So that being said (it was my favorite part!!!).... onto the nitty gritty:
The rooms are stunning! very nice but not pomp and circumstance... comfortable and relaxing! The bed was super comfy and the sheets were to die for!!!!! The pillows offered several different consistencies so we could pick the one that felt the best YAY!
The food was outstanding... room service made us feel like we were kings! Try the Apple Old Fashioned... YUM!!!!! OH AND THE Shishito Peppers HOLY MOLY YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING SO SO GOOD!
The Spa... well my goodness what can you say about this that is NOT good??? YOU CAN'T... EVERY person we encountered was genuine. They chatted, laughed, shared stories, and really made it feel like home! From the attendants to the therapist and everyone in between... NOT KIDDING THEY WERE ALL AWESOME! Plus the steam room, the tea, the cushy towels and the incredible microfiber sheets... fabulous!
If I was forced to pick this place apart (because I know most of you will think I was paid to say good things LOL) I wish the tub was for 2 people, I wish they had a couples area in the spa, and the oatmeal made me sad :-(... BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS if my biggest complaint is oatmeal then I am too spoiled and need to just go dig a ditch somewhere to be humbled again!
Great job Sanctuary!

Room Tip: We were in the mountain suite... we didnt want to be close to the crowds.... it was perfection. grea...
2  Thank tonyajunemoore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#21 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Sanctuary Camelback Mountain? Share your experiences!