Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$220
$199
  • Pool
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$134
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Hermosa Inn(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$209
Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$144
$91
Agoda.com
  • Pool
SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$80
Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$165
$139
Hotels.com
$155
$139
Residence Inn
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$108
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Scottsdale Plaza Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$86
Travelocity
$104
$99
1,866 results
All reviewsjade barelements restaurantspa casitainfinity poolcamelback mountaintop notchmountain view suitespa treatmentsliving roomroom serviceflip flopsget awayfitness classespool staffturn down servicefour seasonssoaking tub
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We wanted a perfect weekend getaway that was laid back, not "proper", and quiet so we could reconnect and be pampered. We found the right place! They truly know their business at this resort! Every person there was cheerful, laughing and really enjoying their work. We walked around a lot and heard many of them chatting and laughing among themselves... later we found that many of them have worked here for years. Thats good stuff in any industry! So that being said (it was my favorite part!!!).... onto the nitty gritty:
The rooms are stunning! very nice but not pomp and circumstance... comfortable and relaxing! The bed was super comfy and the sheets were to die for!!!!! The pillows offered several different consistencies so we could pick the one that felt the best YAY!
The food was outstanding... room service made us feel like we were kings! Try the Apple Old Fashioned... YUM!!!!! OH AND THE Shishito Peppers HOLY MOLY YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING SO SO GOOD!
The Spa... well my goodness what can you say about this that is NOT good??? YOU CAN'T... EVERY person we encountered was genuine. They chatted, laughed, shared stories, and really made it feel like home! From the attendants to the therapist and everyone in between... NOT KIDDING THEY WERE ALL AWESOME! Plus the steam room, the tea, the cushy towels and the incredible microfiber sheets... fabulous!
If I was forced to pick this place apart (because I know most of you will think I was paid to say good things LOL) I wish the tub was for 2 people, I wish they had a couples area in the spa, and the oatmeal made me sad :-(... BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS if my biggest complaint is oatmeal then I am too spoiled and need to just go dig a ditch somewhere to be humbled again!
Great job Sanctuary!

Room Tip: We were in the mountain suite... we didnt want to be close to the crowds.... it was perfection. great views, easy access to pools and a beautiful walk to the spa!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tonyajunemoore
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just spent a weekend at Sanctuary and came home pretty happy. Our suite was nice and spacious, the staff were very helpful at checkin. At at the acclaimed Elements restaurant and the view and the food were both wonderful, although our server was less than competent. He was not very helpful with the menu and we were left alone far too often with empty glasses. Too bad because the food was very well prepared. We were given a dessert for our anniversary but my husband had wanted to order off the menu, our server never asked our preference. Breakfast was perfect, good food, excellent service.
The pool was pretty but very crowded with a wedding party, if you did not claim a chair early you were out of luck. As well the pool could have used a little attention by mid afternoon. The poolside servers were very friendly. The spa was lovely, quiet and peaceful, my massage therapist was very good.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet pool experience a room closer to one of the satellite pools would be nice. Definitely face west to catch the very pretty sunsets.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacquiejune
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our stay at the sanctuary was marginal at best and disappointing overall. First impression when entering our room was The Brady Bunch decorator was here. I haven't seen a rough, nubby, sofa like that in 50 years. The furniture was situated at odd angles, in front of doorways and windows...absolutely NO feng shui. Disappointing. The bath fixtures and kitchen cabinets are old and dated. Bedroom furniture was newer and very nice, but way too big for the room.

The suite was spacious in the living/dining area, the bedroom was cramped and the bathroom was just flat out ridiculously small. The interior window, with the silly red sliding doors, located between the bathroom and bedroom had to remain open to circulate the air conditioning. The bathroom was too cold, the bedroom too hot. We also had to keep the door to the living room open to help cool the bedroom.
We could hear every sound in the adjoining room...they had a child...lots of crying and noise.
The last two days of our stay our room smelled like sewer gas.

Our shoes made a God awful squeaking sound when you walked in the living/dining room, but your feet turned black if you took them off. An empty, dirty room service plate remained on the kitchen counter for an entire week. I finally washed the plate and dip cup when I couldn't stand it one more day.

My husband had to leave for a few days and I planned to relax at the resort and dine alone at the on site restaurant. When I told the hostess 'dinner for one', she said "you might be more comfortable at the bar." I went to the bar, but it was packed. There was no place to sit outside either, so I gave up and drove into town for dinner. I didn't even try to eat there the next two evenings.

I planned to spend much of my alone time relaxing and reading on the patio. Bad idea. There was no privacy due to the three busy paths surrounding the patio. I resorted to wearing earplugs to block out the noisy neighbors, rattling air conditioners (the one behind our room was extremely loud), golf carts and chatty staff. I soon gave up and went shopping. I spent very little time relaxing at the Sanctuary and lots of time driving around Scottsdale, Phoenix and Desert Mt. Not what I had hoped for when we booked the trip.

The parking attendants are the best staff on the property, always pleasant and helpful no matter how busy...and busy they were! The resort seems to be very busy with non-guest activities like weddings, meetings and locals dining at the restaurant.
I do believe the focus is on local activity, not on the guests of the resort.

We will be returning to Scottsdale in a few weeks, but we will be staying somewhere else this time around.

Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank lzhPennsylvania
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have been coming to Sanctuary for several years. We have stayed in the Mountain Suites, Spa Suites, and Mountain Casitas over the years. The resort recently remodeled the Mountain Suites and these are still our favorite of the rooms at the resort because of the great views from the patio.

While I did have a problem checking into the Mountain Suite when we arrived, the lock was not working the door, in the morning the staff had moved me into my original room we had booked. No complaints after this slight glitch.

Try out all three pools. The infinity pool is a favorite, but there is a lap pool on the back of the exercise room that you can use, if you actually want to swim laps.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top of the resort for the best view of the surrounding mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my first stay at the Sanctuary. The place is amazingly beautiful, nestled alongside Camelback. We were looking for a spa like, light activity type accommodations and found just what we were looking for at the Sanctuary. The pictures online definitely evoke the feeling and sentiment of the property.

From our first interaction with the bellmen, we were swept away with service and smiles. Overall, almost every single member of the staff is helpful and friendly. Only a few weren't above average and they stood out as the outliers, not the norm. The food onsite was also amazing, we spent many days eating poolside or having breakfast overlooking the views of Camelback. Some favorite foods worth mentioning - YUMMY gourmet grilled cheese with ham hocks on brioche served with homemade fruit jam, delicious miso soup (it was hot outside but I was feeling unwell one day and fell in love with the simplicity but delicious-ness of the miso, and some great breakfast items, filet steak benedict and hash. We had great room service - service with a smile and relaxing treatments at the spa. We loved the ability to mix a little bit of health and exercise with the relaxing view of nature and poolside unwinding.

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend and there were a few weddings onsite (beautiful grounds for a wedding) but felt that our favorite days were after the big parties departed. We loved that almost everywhere there were signs to prohibit cell phone use ... we imagined to help maintain the ambiance but do wish that the staff were able to enforce it a tiny bit more although we understood that it must be challenging.

Overall we loved our stay and recommend this place for a relaxing and energizing retreat in nature with a luxurious twist.

Room Tip: We stayed in a mountain view room which was a tiny walk away but worth the privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple