We were eager to get to this resort and we booked at Mountain Suite. We are in our 30s and the pictures on the website looked like a Luxury resort aimed for a younger crowd. Mind you, most of our stays are in high-end luxury resorts and the crowd is usually older than us, we have no problem with that. But on their website, the rooms look full of bright colors and it seems that they were recently done. Very misleading! The rooms are bland, the bright colors from the website is just photoshop. The rooms clearly shows their age, I suspect they were built 50 years ago with only the soft good changed. Toilet was in a small separated cabinet, which is normally nice in most hotels but this one was very small, creepy, smelled like humidity and poorly lit. The AC was not working properly unless the door between the living room and bedroom is left open. We book suites especially to have a door that can close. Since the room is on pillars, the hot air of the desert flows freely under the suite, which heats the floor. Very uncomfortable at night.
The setup of the hotel is very unique, being on the Camelback mountain and rooms at different heights. The main pool is very nice and very relaxing (maybe a bit too much, we went into the water carefully, to make sure not to make too much noise, and it still felt like we bothered the people around). Breakfast outside by the pool with the view of the mountain is also very nice.
Had a facial at the spa. The service was very professional and nice but I thought the facilities would've been larger with more pools as it is a spa resort.
We were supposed to stay at the Four Seasons At Troon North in Scottsdale, but because of the Sanctuary's website pictures, we decided to switch... We shouldn't have...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your sanctuary at the best Arizona resort...a luxury boutique hideaway on Camelback Mountain. Overlooking the spectacular views of Paradise Valley, relax in a mountainside or spa casita. Retreat to Sanctuary Spa for Asian-inspired treatments and exhilarating classes. Taste the award-winning cuisine of elements' by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan. Savor the sunset at jade bar or on edge, raising the bar for happy hour. Play tennis or hike in a fabulous setting, lounge by the infinity-edge pool, or indulge in Scottsdale's hottest shopping, cultural attractions and championship golf just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sanctuary Camelback Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Hotel Paradise Valley
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Paradise Valley