We arrived in the mid-afternoon to a pleasant, welcoming staff at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain. It was a great first impression for our 3-night stay.
The rooms, including one handicap-accessible, were well appointed, clean and comfortable. The decor was a bit too kitschy for my taste, but I was on the go too much to care. My main requirement is cleanliness and Sanctuary had no problem in that regard. The rooms were attended to with fresh bed linens each day and towels were refreshed at evening turn-down, as well as each morning.
The property is beautifully landscaped with lovely vistas in every direction. Tranquility is the key word at this property. It's a great place to get away from the hurried kinetics of day-to-day life. Relaxing by the infinity pool was a great way to spend one of our afternoons. The unobtrusive staff attended to our refreshment needs and kept the pool area neatly attended.
We dined on the property for breakfast and lunch only. The food was good and fresh and the restaurant had a great view. Our only negative experience in our 3-day stay was a grumpy hostess in the restaurant on a morning when we requested a table outside overlooking the pool. The wait staff in the restaurant and bar, however, was lovely.
There was one glitch with the in-room TV ordering system. One person in our party is handicapped and preferred to order breakfast to her room. Two of the three nights there was a room service breakfast menu to hang on the outside of her door. On the one night she didn't get one in the room she wanted to try order her breakfast via the TV menu. It didn't work. Not much of a problem, however, because once breakfast was ordered the next morning it was delivered within 10 minutes. Excellent room service!
Bottom line... we'd definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your sanctuary at the best Arizona resort...a luxury boutique hideaway on Camelback Mountain. Overlooking the spectacular views of Paradise Valley, relax in a mountainside or spa casita. Retreat to Sanctuary Spa for Asian-inspired treatments and exhilarating classes. Taste the award-winning cuisine of elements' by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan. Savor the sunset at jade bar or on edge, raising the bar for happy hour. Play tennis or hike in a fabulous setting, lounge by the infinity-edge pool, or indulge in Scottsdale's hottest shopping, cultural attractions and championship golf just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanctuary Camelback Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Hotel Paradise Valley
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Paradise Valley