I booked a two night stay with my wife for a Spring Break stay. As a former resident of the Phoenix area, I was aware that March is the high season, so I expected the worst with the crowds. This resort and spa was an oasis away from the busy traffic and terrible drivers.
Spa--A+. Couples massage was so relaxing. My wife and I made great use of the private spa pool, the co-ed relaxation room, the hot tub, the steam room, the sauna, and the cold deluge shower.
Room--A-. The resort did accommodate my request for a view of Camelback, however in general, the room did not feel like a top class luxury room. For a 5 star property, the room was fairly simple. The balcony was great and the deep soak tub and well designed shower were highlights.
Common areas--A-. The Andalusian/Moroccan decor is nice, and the main courtyard area overlooking the pool is beautiful. The adult pool was nicely heated with a great view of Camelback. The family pool was busy with kids splashing around. There is not really a logical flow from the entrance to the rooms. There is not a "Wow" experience upon entering the resort, and there isn't really a "main entrance."
Restaurants--Incomplete. I only went to Crave Cafe, which had decent breakfast items to-go. The gelato was pretty good during the heat of the day.
Location--A+. This is the reason to stay here. The full view of Camelback is majestic, and it is available at the spa pool terrace, the gym, and the spinning area. Echo trail at Camelback mountain is a 0.8 mile walk away. It isn't really driveable during peak season, as parking fills up very early in the morning. Bring lots of water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain’s Andalusia region, the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia brings the essence of Europe to the heart of Scottsdale. With arching entryways, splashing fountains, floral walkways, and a collection of antiquities hidden throughout the property, Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is an enchanting resort destination that boasts 293 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, the Moroccan-inspired Joya Spa, six tempting dining options including the critically-acclaimed Prado restaurant, a myriad of radiant pools and breathtaking views. Nestled at the base of Camelback Mountain, the resort’s convenient central location offers easy access to the area’s best golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montelucia Hotel Paradise Valley
- Montelucia Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Paradise Valley
- Intercontinental Montelucia Hotel