“One of a kind”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here this past week; first week of October. This was a leisure vacation trip that was well worth the money. After spending multiple days here, it could be observed that their bread and butter was corporate retreats, conventions, etc, but you could never tell as the staff was friendly to all guests, and always greeted us in passing with a smile. I am normally somebody who finds faults in everything in life, but to my surprise I found little to no faults with this result. We stayed in a king room with a view of both camelback mountain and the adult pool; best view on the property. Landscaping and property maintenance was tip top; showing no signs of painting or pruning needed. The pools were immaculate and are bigger than they appear in pictures, although slightly colder than I normally prefer, but we're still refreshing. Food was excellent in all restaurants, with polite and fast service.

Our only problem was occurred at the pool one day when our pool waitress forgot to close out our check before leaving in the afternoon. This caused us to wait while another pool waiter tried to track down our check for about 15 minutes. We didn't make a big deal about it, as we just wanted to pay our bill, but the waiter who was now trying to help us, felt so bad that 10 minutes after we paid and returned to our room, he arrived with a bottle of champagne on the house and an apology. What you can take away from this is the fact that the management at this property allows and trusts their lower level employees in taking care of problems before they reach management's desk, even when the problem is small. Their employees care about the jobs, and are always willing to help you even though they sometimes seem understaffed and juggling a dozen other tasks.

Already planning a return stay for next year.....

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j n
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for your review! We can not wait to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I would have never posted this review if the manager " Jake " had returned either of my 2 phone calls during our stay. Our first night we had dinner at Prado I had called ahead and told them we were doing a bday celebration and they assured me they would handle. It took 20 min before anyone came and took our drink order and never did acknowledge the event with a dessert and candle. We requested a refrigerator which took numerous phone calls and then had to replace the first one because it smelled so bad. We also requested the sofa bed to be made up since there were no sheets in the room and that never happend so we had to use the cot. The cabana is a total rip off just a few couches and a "dedicated server" never existed we had to chase down service. The 2 bedroom suite with view of camelback is very misleading a tree blocks the view. On the plus side the resort is lovely and the valet guys were great. If management would like to return the call we just checked out on wed and I'm sure you still have my number

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the additional mention of the issue. There seems to be quite the miscommunication and I apologize that you left the resort feeling things were not handled. We have left another voice-mail for you today and hopefully we will hear back so we can recover from this and hopefully see you again. My apologies and I hope we hear from you.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Recently stayed here for a conference and had a wonderful room in building 10. Loved my view from the extra large lounge chair of the palm trees and mountains. The pools were a delight and because everyone was in meetings I had my choice of chairs. The food was tasty and very plentiful during our meetings and dinners. The beds were heavenly and I slept like a queen. Rooms were very spacious and the bathrooms huge. The staff was friendly and very attentive.

Room Tip: I liked the back buildings as it was away from the pools, dining, and reception. Just quieter and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! So happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you are planning a trip back very soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This beautiful expansive property is true luxury. We stayed in a two bedroom suite closest to Camelback Mountain (see tips on room selection) which was great, but not quite the view we thought we were going to have. The property is large with several pools, incredible service, and a staff that couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Everyone was great. We have already booked our next stay at this slightly under the radar resort. If you are there during warmer season, I would definitely recommend renting cabanas at the pool. My wife got a spa package and says it was the nicest spa she has ever visited.

Room Tip: If you are choosing the suites that are closest to Camelback Mountain, be advised that palm trees an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan649
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your review! So pleased that you have already booked your next stay! We look forward to seeing you again and exceeding your expectations!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

What can I say about this resort. They do an excellent job all around. Rooms are nice and comfortable and staff is great. Actually had a grounds keeper say good morning and thank you for coming to Montelucia Resort. Everyone welcomes you here.
Food is good at Prada and the staff at the pool do a good job. I am not a big desert fan but I will only stay here because of the great view of Camel Back and the great hotel. Only problem, but not the hotels fault, is the guests. We had a group smoking in front of our balcony a few time and it went through our room. Asked nicely but was met with a second cigarette. Really nice and of course we had the guy below us out on the patio until 1 am talking at full volume. Asked if he could keep it down at midnight but didn't help. Not sure why people think its OK to be clowns while on vacation, but remember your not the only person at the hotel. Be a little mindful of others. I teach my 11 year old this and it works.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review! So pleased you enjoyed your stay minus the neighbor guest. Hope you are able to come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here 1 night during a visit to see family. I was overwhelmed by the beauty and hospitality. Every employee went out of their way to make me feel welcome, valued, and special. My only regret is that I only stayed 1 night. Next visit will be longer. I would HIGHLY recommend the Montelucia.

Room Tip: The bathroom was the most impressive I've ever seen.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you again soon and for a longer stay!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a college bowl game. The hotel is beautiful!! You do have to walk outside to your hotel room, which is not a problem because it was awesome weather. All the staff was great and attentive. We walked to our room which was in the back and it was so nice just walking around and seeing the cacti and orange trees. Camelback mountain is just breath taking. I loved sitting outside and looking at the beautiful landscape. Our room was a good size. Very clean. No complaints at all. The pool is huge! With lots of lounge chairs.
We went to the bar to watch a basketball game. The food was pricey. We paid $16 for chicken tenders and fries. I think it was about $8 for Chips and Salsa. We didn't have a chance to eat at the other restaurant for this trip. If you are looking to walk to restaurants then do not stay here. You will have to take a cab or have a rental car. The restaurants however are only about a 5 minute or so drive. My only advice is to call your own cab because they will have a sedan service or SUV on site and it is very pricey for a very short ride.
Overall, great experience and I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! December is truly amazing weather here in Scottsdale! Hope to see you again this season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!