“Montelucia - what a gem!”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed June 8, 2013

What a delight my husband and I discovered during our 5 day stay at the end of May! We enjoyed every minute of our 5 day stay @this 5 star gem. Montelucia was beyond our expectations, though have stayed in other 5 stars all over the world. The unique design Morroccan & Andalusian architecture gently blends decor from Christian and Islamic cultures in a wonderful way. We felt as if we'd travelled overseas and were living a European lifestyle without the need for a passport, foreign currency etc. Montelucia's outstanding staff, service, spa, rooms, and wonderful food left us wanting more...(stays at Montelucia). We'll be back soon.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room on the higher floor with a view of Camelback Mountain. Bldg 10 was perfect for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mollie826
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased you and your husband were able to enjoy the resort. I hope you are able to return soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,586)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am a native-Arizonian and I love love love this resort. I've done several "stay-cations" here and am even planning my wedding here in the fall. When you enter the resort, you feel as though you've stepped into another world. The colorful Andalusian decor is beautiful and completely compliments the desert and Camelback Mountain backdrop. The rooms are spacious, beds are super comfy and the staff is so nice and accommodating. They pay attention to detail and are very service-oriented. The restaurant and Crave Cafe are really good too. And the spa is phenomenal, with a relaxing quiet spa pool and wonderful treatments.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elise B

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased you were able to enjoy your stay. We love how our locals are able to escape, even if it is a short drive, and enjoy a "stay-cation"! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

stayed here for work. AC was very cold -- which was needed b/c it was super hot outside. bunnies (like peter cotton tail) were running around outside. went for a run towards the mountain a few times in the AM. lots of cyclists about early too -- very safe area. shower in room nice. bed very comfy. I'd stay here again for work.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon for work or a vacation! You should look at a trip in your winter months, you will love sitting outside on our patios that time of year!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

So happy with our trip to Montelucia! Every member of the staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy, well taken care of and had everything we needed. Incredible attention to every detail that made our stay awesome!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve G

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you again soon, short flight from Los Angeles!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was fortunate to stay at Montelucia at the end of May 2013. This property is amazingly beautiful with amazing service. I booked a one story casita in the back of the property (Building 16). It was spacious and very quiet. It had a private patio with a view of the mountains and a lawn! When I wanted some music and lively activity all I needed to do was walk a short distance down a beautiful path to the pool area. There was lively music, great pool side service and everything you need!Food at the M bar and Crave were excellent and well priced. I was also able to spend the day in the wonderful Joya spa. It was both relaxing and soothing. If you have time, spend the whole day int he spa and have lunch on the Joya Terrace. The service at every turn was outstanding. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! I know I'll be back and will be requesting a room in the #16 building (rooms 1600). I would recommend this resort for women or men traveling alone or as a romantic getaway for couples.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I absolutely love this resort. There isn't one negative thing to say about it. The restaurants are great, the rooms are nice, the resort and amenities are wonderful. It was my first time in AZ and I liked the view of Camelback mountain which is absolutely breathtaking. That was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in at a hotel. I want to return to this spot because it is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lovelyinparis76

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and I hope you are able to return again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Excellent choice for a resort! I've not stayed at a better place. Customer service exceeds expectations of the ritzy resorts. They actually remember your face and name from day to day. The food is a bit expensive but it's fresh, seasoned, and served promptly. The rooms are huge as well as the bathroom. The gym has an unlimited amount of fitness possibilities. On the resort grounds there are at least 6 restaurants to choose from, 3 or more shopping options, a spa that has 19 treatment rooms and the fitness offers swimming, yoga, Pilates, cardio and spin classes as well as a guided hike up Camelback Mountain. Even though extended shopping is within a 10 min drive, there was no need to venture from this lovely, relaxing, nature filled resort. I will return without being on a business expedition.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tamieko B
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!