We stayed at the Montelucia April 15 - 19. We found a great rate via Hotwire that made it very attractive to try this resort which is in the town of Paradise Valley, a small municipality near Scottsdale. Upon driving up to the entrance we were promptly assisted by valets and a bellman who helped with our bags and parking options. The bellman offered cold bottles of water promptly which was a thoughtful touch. Check in was pretty quick and problem free.
We were assigned room 1201, a corner room in Building 12 near the back of the property. However next time I would avoid this room because on the third night we had trouble sleeping due to a noisy air conditioner unit placed right next to the room that controls the A/C for several rooms. The noise was a dull rumble which sounded like a power generator or a lawnmower and unfortunately they could not do anything about it. To be fair, they did offer us to move rooms but we declined since we only had a 4 night stay.
--Separate adults only pool called Oasis
--Prompt and attentive service at pool and restaurant
--Best white bean hummus ever at the Mbar! Must try it!
--Called us upon check in to see if room was satisfactory
--Nicely appointed, clean, and beautifully designed property
--Housekeeping service was thoughtful and they paid attention to our consumption of coffee, ice etc
--Spa is enormous and very well laid out. I had a facial and was able to enjoy a sauna, steam room, hot tub, and a beautiful relaxation lounge in addition to a terrace overlooking Camelback Mountain. For $79 USD (plus 20 per cent gratuity) I thought this was very reasonable considering all the extra amenities for spa guests.
--Though it's now widespread in the industry, the $25 resort fee is annoying. A newspaper delivery is supposed to be included in the fee upon request, and even though we asked for a daily paper on arrival, we had to call again for it as it did not arrive
--Self parking is $10. Again, this is commonplace in higher end resorts but you would think that when you are already paying $25 for a resort fee, and choosing to park one's own car, they can throw in parking as well
--Room key cards were problematic. I had to request replacement keys twice as they did not work. When you factor in that reception is a long ways away from some of the buildings where the guest rooms are, and I didn't see courtesy phones around the property, this made for a delay to walk to and from reception to get replacement keys. If I had had small kids with me, or if I had difficulty walking, this would have been a little annoying.
--Again, the noisy AC unit was disappointing.
I would have given this resort 4.5 green circles if I could but can't give it 5 as this would mean in my opinion that the experience was totally flawless. It was pretty close, though, and they do a very good job here at this hotel.
Overall, if I was looking again for a relaxing vacation to lounge by a beautiful pool, and spend more time at a resort rather than sightseeing in Scottsdale/Phoenix, I would come here again. You really need to spend time here to make the resort fee worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain’s Andalusia region, the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia brings the essence of Europe to the heart of Scottsdale. With arching entryways, splashing fountains, floral walkways, and a collection of antiquities hidden throughout the property, Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is an enchanting resort destination that boasts 293 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, the Moroccan-inspired Joya Spa, six tempting dining options including the critically-acclaimed Prado restaurant, a myriad of radiant pools and breathtaking views. Nestled at the base of Camelback Mountain, the resort’s convenient central location offers easy access to the area’s best golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Omni Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montelucia Hotel Paradise Valley
- Montelucia Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Paradise Valley
- Intercontinental Montelucia Hotel