Stayed here last weekend. We have been at many 5 star resorts and while the property is nice, its not quite up there. First of all, note the place is HUGE, maybe 300 or more rooms. The rooms are in different buildings on the property and kind of had a 'living in a college apartment complex feel.' The rooms are nice, but not spectacular. They are an average size, and ours was quite dark, and no fireplace. All rooms have a balcony or patio which is nice but there are so many people around, its not very private. The pools are nice, but with, again, so many people, don't think you'll get any sort of intimate, private feel. Its like a las vegas pool, with rows and rows of lounge chairs lines up across the pool lawn, and a few 'reserved' cabanas which were empty. For all these people at the resort, i would have thought of adding a couple of more pools on the property. A nice plus is that lunch is served by the pool and room service is available if you want a more intimate feel. They do have many restaurants on site, but they are all pretty crowded.
Be aware of all the fees-- a little higher than most resorts ($27 for valet, $10 for self park), and the room price we were quoted was for one person, with a $75 add on for the second person. I mean come on. Be prepared to spend a ton of money here, my coffee drink here was $10, appetizers $15, and dinners more than $30. Room service adds on 22% for gratuity and a fee for delivery so be aware.
The upside is that its close to hiking and scottsdale, and that if you don't want to leave the property you don't have to. Everything is there. Also the staff were very nice and attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain’s Andalusia region, the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia brings the essence of Europe to the heart of Scottsdale. With arching entryways, splashing fountains, floral walkways, and a collection of antiquities hidden throughout the property, Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is an enchanting resort destination that boasts 293 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, the Moroccan-inspired Joya Spa, six tempting dining options including the critically-acclaimed Prado restaurant, a myriad of radiant pools and breathtaking views. Nestled at the base of Camelback Mountain, the resort’s convenient central location offers easy access to the area’s best golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montelucia Hotel Paradise Valley
- Montelucia Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Paradise Valley
- Intercontinental Montelucia Hotel