“Great stay”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Love Arizona... you have the heat without the humidity. This was a quick trip... just stayed a few days but had such a great time. The room was a beautiful suite that was all the way at the back of the hotel grounds. Room seemed very private.... Had a huge dining room, living room and bathroom in one portion and a very large separate bedroom with large bathroom. The walk to the pool, bars and restaurant was not close but I didnt mind at all. The staff was very friendly and the food was pretty good. Definitely have the huevos rancheros for breakfast.... they are EXCELLENT!!! The spa was great too... I had one of the toxin removal wraps and it was an excellent experience . Absolutely loved ALL the staff there...from the restaurant, the pool, the spa, the bar and even the gift shop. (ended up buying a pair of jeans)

We also ventured out and went to dinner at a GREAT mexican place (dont remember the name, but the table side guacamole is a must!) We also ht some of the bars around town and had a great time. Definitely go to the midget bar called Giligins Bar and take advantage of the golf cart taxis called "Bunny Rides" (I think).... a lot of fun. We literally paid the kid money to just drive us around we were having such a good time. We even picked others up and dropped them off at their destinations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your response! We hope to see you again soon, cheers!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent Presidents Weekend (one bedroom) building 19 which were mini adobe-like casitas....The room was well appointed and they knew we were celebrating our anniversary so chocolate dipped strawberries were delivered upon our arrival. Nice sweet touch!
We enjoyed lounging by both pools, had a fabulous dinner at PRADO, and I spent an entire morning at the spa..... Definately the highlight of my weekend. JOYA the spa is absolutely fabulous! I had the Hamman Treatmeant (great for exfoliating) before my massage and it was awesome! After the massage I took a long nap in their Whisper room (shhhh, super quiet, lounge beds with blankets, candles) and then stepped outside to the rooftop terrace pool which is for spa guests only. The pool area is staffed and you can enjoy lunch and a glass of wine while you bask in the wonderful warm sun! Truly delightful!
While in Scottsdale we saw a movie at IPIC theatres and also did some shopping in Old Scottsdale. We had a rental car and both locations were about 10-15 minutes away. If you are considering a hotel in this area - consider MonteLucia, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ground floor in our area was very quiet....
2  Thank sandyb39

Thank you so much for your review! We are the only Hammam in Arizona so I am pleased you were able to experience it! This year brings amazing new things for the spa so keep an eye out for new treatments!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I came to the Montelucia because of an on-site professional meeting. I had stayed at the property before, when it was "La Posada," and always liked it's grounds and location at the edge of Paradise Valley, near where I used to live 10 years or so ago. The newly rennovated and transformed resort is truly wonderful! It is a vast improvement over what existed before, which I always thought had been pretty nice.

In becoming "Montelucia" instead of the old La Posada, they re-did essentially all of the common areas, including the pool, restaurants, spa, bars, etc., in the European (Spanish) theme, and also substantially upgraded all of the rooms. It was one of the nicest rooms I have EVER stayed in, better even than most of the 5-star hotels I've used in Spain and Italy and Central Europe. The bathroom was state-of-the-art luxurious, the room was spacious, the TV was great and the bed and other furniture were high-end and comfortable. The food and drink in the Centro bar was unbelievably good and very reasonably priced - no need to take a cab and go into town for a bite or a brew!

What stood out most, however, was the quality of the service and the employees, which the management likes to refer to as "The Talent." I had the opportunity to chat at some length with the Executive Chef (Chef Michael), as well as other Chefs and managers while I was there, and they explained the philosophy: hire the best, friendliest, most sincere hardworking people - and then teach them whatever skills you need them to have. And this strategy has really paid off. Everyone, from the top chef and managers to the mid-level staff such as the concierge, front desk people and bartenders, all the way down to the lowest-ranking valets and housekeepers was EXTREMELY nice, SUPER-competent at their jobs, and ALWAYS went the extra mile, and all while being VERY friendly and gregarious. A smile (and not a faked one) was on every face most of the time. Bottles of water were always on offer in the reception area--a very nice thing in the desert, even in the "winter." The staff clearly gets along well with each other and enjoys the guests - there is quick and authentic rapport. Every interaction with the staff was delightful. And each person, at every level, is empowered to make decisions that serve the customer's needs, without having to clear everything with superiors or follow some sort of rigid "script."

One anecdote: a valet called a cab for me at 5:00 a.m. on the day of my departure. At 5:30 that cab hadn't come, by which time the valet had called the cab company back twice... when it was clear to him that no cab was coming, and that I was getting worried about making my flight, he put me in an on-site Execucar and told the driver my ride would be on the Montelucia!! A $40 gift!! Priceless, in my view, in terms of the peace of mind he gave me. THAT's the kind of place Monelucia is.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this place is! I hope to return next year, if not sooner.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms - I stayed in Bldg. 12, a bit far from the beaten path. It was wonderful, wi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so very much for this detailed review! Please be sure to come back and see us again as there is always something new happening in Scottsdale and Montelucia!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Excellent stay. I have stayed at most of the 5 star resorts in Scottsdale and Montelucia is certainly up there. The rooms are not quite as nice as say the Royal Palm but the price to value is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wonderful trip with my wonderful sisters. The resort made our trip extremely special. When we arrived in our 2 bedroom suite overlooking Camelback mountain, there was a birthday cake waiting for me. The suite was fabulous with two rooms--one with a king and the other with two queens. In between was a living area with a huge sectional, flat screen tv, dining table and a half bath. The staff here is exceptional making you feel very welcome. Rooms are very well decorated, very comfortable beds with down comforters and a choice of pillows. We all had massages at the Joya spa--this place is amazing--very relaxing and not overcrowded. We ordered room service which came quickly and the food was good. We also ate at the Centro lounge which is near one of the pools. It took us awhile to get service as it was Presidents weekend and busy, but once our server came, our food was delivered quickly and was delicious. At the pool, the servers bring you a pitcher of ice water and cups--nice touch! Great time at a great place!!

Room Tip: Definitely book a room overlooking Camelback at the back of the property--have a little bit of a wal...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the review! I love hearing when our talented team executes those special touches! Montelucia is truly the place for celebratory occasions and getaways! Hope to celebrate with you again soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We totally loved this place!

Our room was spacious and clean. We had a wonderful view of Camelback Mountain.

The staff was amazing, particularly the valet staff who helped us get into our room.

We came here for our mini-honeymoon, and it was exactly what we wanted.

I suggest a rental car, as Paradise Valley doesn't have much for gas stations and grocery stores (meaning,,,nothing is there). You are 3 miles from lots of great dining, however. Nice location to airport.

Room service can take a while. We ordered breakfast, and were on hold for over 15 minutes. I would call ahead and arrange a time for food to come.

The only tiny glitch I had was on checkout. I used my Intercontinental Ambassador weekend coupon, and they were not quite sure how to use it. Other than that, everything was seamless and perfect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at the Montelucia from Feb. 7th to 12th, 2013 and totally enjoyed our stay! The rooms are extremely comfortable, excellent quality bed with a variety of pillow options, oversized bathroom with a huge walkin shower plus soaker tub, private patios with comfortable modern furnture.

All staff were extremely friendly providing the extra personal touch. Whether we were in the lounge, ordering room service or using concierge service was personal and professional.

We look forward to visiting the resort again!

1  Thank Richard B

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!