“Relaxing Girls Getaway”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Danville, California
“Relaxing Girls Getaway”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I spent two nights here as a special treat without my kids and husband! I stayed with two friends, and we had the best time.
We used La Joya Spa and the facilities all day and ate at the La Joya Terrace which had healthy food options, but they were oh so tasty!
I had a room in Building 16, which was the very last building at the foot of the mountain, it was meant to be mountain view, but given it was at ground level, I really couldn't see the mountain too well. But it was private, spacious and clean.
The staff were generally good, but some of the wait staff in Prado were overly attentive to the point of being annoying as there were constantly interrupting our conversation, it almost felt like my kids interrupting me!
The overall experience at the La Joya spa was great, although $202 including a mandatory 20% gratuity for a 50 minute spa treatment, seemed a little over the top. Given the therapist didn't do anything different than the therapist I regularly go to and pay way less than that for 60minutes. They are the most expensive of all the hotels I considered in the way of treatments, but in saying that, I spent all of my 2 days using the spa facilities and it was great!

Room Tip: Mountain View rooms are way at the back of the resort and are a good 5 minute walk back to the conci...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your review! No better treat than a Girlfriend Getaway with Joya Spa being a part of it! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was Superbowl and PGA weekend in Scottsdale so the energy at the Montelucia Resort & Spa was upbeat, yet there was a consistent vibe of a calming, tranquil environment. The facial I had at the beautiful and spacious Joya Spa was beyond compare; my boyfriend took time out to experience the tapas cooking class in Prada restaurant and had a one-on-one lesson with the Chef. Dinner that evening at Prada was very flavorful and artfully displayed. Knowing the chef utilizes local produce and organic foods as much as possible made it an even better culinary experience. The stafff - from the valets to the desk staff to the restaurant personnel - seemed to anticipate our every need, always with an attention to detail and gracious service. Our suite overlooking the "adult" pool was tastefully furnished, with wonderful bath products, making it seem like a personal oasis. Everything about my business and personal visit to Montelucia will be rememebered for years to come. Thank you for making our extended weekend a memorable one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bonnie S
Thank you Bonnie for your review! We hope you are able to come back and see us again!
Windermere, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very nice hotel, staff is incredibly nice. The big issue is there own internal website for reservations does not work. I was there for the Phoenix open and they could not find my reservation of which I have e-mail confirmation. They eventually found me a room, then checked me out a day before I was leaving thus not cleaning my room or any service. Overall very disappointed in the reservations and front desk staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Thank you for your review and my apologies for your challenges with the reservation. I hope we were able to resolve it and you will be back to see us!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights at the Montelucia and enjoyed it immensely. The staff were obviously well-trained and motivated, friendly and helpful. Our room, which was bordering an attractive and well-maintained pool, was spacious and spotless, lacking nothing. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning quiet. We had a minor glitch that we discovered our first morning when it became clear that the hot water supply was not functioning. A call to the front desk resulted in an immediate dispatch of a repairman and the resolution to the problem.

This is a well-planned resort, with an excellent restaurant whose weekend full buffet breakfast rivals anything that we have experienced anywhere and is probably second only to the Ritz in London. We look forward to returning someday.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ottawans
Thank you so much for the review. I am pleased we were able to fix your issue and hope to see you again soon!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I needed to get away to the SUN. The weather did not fully cooperate but the hotel was fabulous. The reseravtions guy Greg was great at finding us a room (it showed they were full online), he checked up on us to make sure our room was OK. All of the staff was great from the guys out front handing us water after our run, to the wait staff at the restaurant. It was a bit of a splurge but well worth it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I took my husband here for a night away (staycation) to celebrate his birthday. Our experience was top notch starting with the reservation and continued right through check out. Every single staff member we encountered made us feel like it was their personal goal to make sure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable in every way. We'd love to stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay at Montelucia! From the moment we stepped out of our car, we were greeted warmly and treated spectacularly. The staff went above and beyond with their attention to detail and outstanding service. Everything about our stay was perfect--the room, the food, the relaxation, and most definitely the staff. My husband and I will definitely return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: We loved staying at the back of the resort near Camelback Mountain. Very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!