“Loved this place can't wait to go back!!”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Richmond, Virginia
“Loved this place can't wait to go back!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

From the Joya spa to the Prado restaurant to the gorgeous grounds and pools this place was pleasing to me in every way!! I loved the Yoga and exercise classes at the fitness center and the VIEWS!! The food at Prado is excellent!! Great breakfast and dinners and they give you $20 off the spa if you eat there. The Fitness center and Joya Spa are all professionals of the utmost and made my experience here so wonderful. I am a tough critic who travels often but I found this place to be a great experience and I can't wait to go back SOON!!!!!!! Beds are super comfortable and I loved the fountain outside my door it was so relaxing. I had a great room in a one story building that was quiet and private.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
New York
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We had a small company event at the Montelucia from January 23-27 and what a great experience.

First impressions, valet really made you feel special and this is a class place. We arrived at night, thus the ambiance of the fire pits was wonderful. The restaurant had stopped serving food so the Valet gave us explicit directions to a quick burger / bar place that ended up being perfect.

The resort is about 34 acres and as you walk around you can see how impeccable they keep the grounds. Every employee said, hi. We got lost, and one employee walked us back to where we needed to go.

Rooms were nicely decorated, we had a suite with a small back yard.

All the food in the restaurant and by the pool area was perfect, (Healthy too!). Every staff member smiled and were courteous.

The Spa was beautiful service was great, could use a touch up with incoming guest procedures as we waited on several days for our theraist to arrive and we'd suggest a tiny tour being given to guests so they know what is available.

The pool area with the spa is very secluded and the waitress was soooo professional! She really made you feel welcomed!

We highly recommend the Montelucia for pleasure or company events!

Room Tip: Be close to the lobby, this place is BIG!!!! (building 1 or 7)
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
santa barbara
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this property. I think it may be the newest hotel in the scottsdale area and I really enjoy the large rooms and the modern bathrooms with large tub. Montelucia is in a good location and close to many great restaurants. Our first night we were in an Oasis pool suite. This room was perfect. We upgraded the next evening to a full camelback view suite, double the size of the Oasis suite, and it was in an older building and our room had a bit of a funky smell. The view from this room was quite nice but this building had a much older feel, the furniture in the living room had a haphazard feel to it and we should have staying in the Oasis Suite for almost have the price. We spend a wonderful day by the pool, listening to music and having cocktails. I have stayed at several hotels in this area and by far this one is the best.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1995sb21
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

While I didn't stay at the Montelucia, I was there for three days for a conference and I can tell you that the property is gorgeous, the staff goes above and beyond, and- despite the stifling heat- the overall experience was great.

The pool area is really gorgeous, especially the cabanas- I'd sprawl out there during my lunch break each day.

Definitely try their little coffee shop, which had great pastries and an even more delicious mocha. Yum!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This a beautiful property with a great staff, but I couldn't help but keep comparing it to the Royal Palms, and when I did Montelucia always came up a bit short. My fellow travelers and I loved the spacious rooms and great bathrooms. The grounds are enormous (they shuttle you and your bags around on golf carts) with lots of little nooks to sit and relax. We also loved the fact that we could walk to the Echo Canyon trail head for an afternoon hike up Camelback. Breakfast was also great, with one of the better omelets I've ever been served in a hotel. That said, it was a little frustrating that I couldn't find a coffee or breakfast before 7am. Nor were we happy that the bar just decided to declare last call at 10:30. When we asked what the hours were supposed to be we were told they just close when they feel like it. Little things like that don't happen at the Royal Palms. I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from staying here, because it really is a great place, especially if you find a good rate. But I'd do a little rate checking between here, the Palms, and FireSky before committing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank solarchem
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2012

The Montelucia is a very well run resort. From arriving at the front door, the staff were friendly and informative. The hotel covers a large area with a 5 minute walk to our room, however, the grounds were very well manicured with orange trees and fountains along the way. The standard rooms are large, spacious and very well appointed. The bathroom was amazing. Very large with a great shower and large hot tub. The cafe situated within the hotel was great, with very polite and efficient staff. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I love being rewarded by great deals on fantastic four star properties by going off season ! I have the fantasy that it is my own private residence that I am enjoying !Our room was big , beautiful with a lounger outside on our enclosed patio ,a enormous deep bathtub and a glass partition to the mulitheaded shower .Love Love Love the details of outside firepits all over with comfy couches and hidden garden paths with bunnies running around and clay large pots laying here and there .The pools are amazing and since we were there in January the entire pool area is heated and the hottubs are large (did I mention hummingbirds flitting by the pools ?).The coffee place/store onsite is adorable and well stocked with fresh pasteries they make there and they sell wine and some other munchies.They have a wonderful fireplace outside with tables so if you get your coffee in the morning you can enjoy it by the fireplace !I really was struck by the architecture and attention to detail with surprisingly very reasonable prices. Their happy hour in the bar (georgous character,warmth and style)has fabulous wines and cocktail prices as well as their tapas were fabulous.They had a band on the Friday and saturday we were there so even though it was off season we felt at home and enough was still going on.Make sure you walk from the hotel 5 -8 mins (limited parking at park so walk there) to the Camel Back mountain and do as much of the hike as you feel you can .We ate at the restaurant there and sat outside by the large roaring fireplace,fabulous food all four of us foodies were in heaven.

Room Tip: ours had a closed in back patio on the bottom floor and the only thing behind that was the wedding g...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!