“Amazing bathroom”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed January 23, 2012

The Montelucia is a very well run resort. From arriving at the front door, the staff were friendly and informative. The hotel covers a large area with a 5 minute walk to our room, however, the grounds were very well manicured with orange trees and fountains along the way. The standard rooms are large, spacious and very well appointed. The bathroom was amazing. Very large with a great shower and large hot tub. The cafe situated within the hotel was great, with very polite and efficient staff. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,587)

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I love being rewarded by great deals on fantastic four star properties by going off season ! I have the fantasy that it is my own private residence that I am enjoying !Our room was big , beautiful with a lounger outside on our enclosed patio ,a enormous deep bathtub and a glass partition to the mulitheaded shower .Love Love Love the details of outside firepits all over with comfy couches and hidden garden paths with bunnies running around and clay large pots laying here and there .The pools are amazing and since we were there in January the entire pool area is heated and the hottubs are large (did I mention hummingbirds flitting by the pools ?).The coffee place/store onsite is adorable and well stocked with fresh pasteries they make there and they sell wine and some other munchies.They have a wonderful fireplace outside with tables so if you get your coffee in the morning you can enjoy it by the fireplace !I really was struck by the architecture and attention to detail with surprisingly very reasonable prices. Their happy hour in the bar (georgous character,warmth and style)has fabulous wines and cocktail prices as well as their tapas were fabulous.They had a band on the Friday and saturday we were there so even though it was off season we felt at home and enough was still going on.Make sure you walk from the hotel 5 -8 mins (limited parking at park so walk there) to the Camel Back mountain and do as much of the hike as you feel you can .We ate at the restaurant there and sat outside by the large roaring fireplace,fabulous food all four of us foodies were in heaven.

Room Tip: ours had a closed in back patio on the bottom floor and the only thing behind that was the wedding g...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We just returned home and all I can say is WOW! This resort has everything and more, I can't wait to go back in May. The service was the best I have EVER rec'd! And yes the Prada is expensive but you get what you pay for. This resort is an A+A+A+A+ in my books!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've been visiting MonteLucia for years as my frequent 'staycation'. The setting is breathtaking, the Spa is true LUXURY and the the rooms are extra large with beautiful mediterranean decor and a killer bathroom. All of the things I look for in a Spa Resort.

Ok, sure the food at Prado is overpriced (but still above average) and you have to pay for extras (like entry into spa, WiFi, etc.) but you are getting real luxury. Service has always been top notch so I just grin and bear the extra costs.

Tip - for breakfast/lunch skip the expensive Prado restaurant and go to the wallet-friendly Crave Cafe. Splurge at Prado for dinner with appetizers like the best Burrata I've ever had and/or antipasti with a glass of wine. You'll be able to skip the WAY too expensive entrees that way and still have a memorable meal with atmosphere to match.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay for extras.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Every member of the staff was friendly and professional. The chef at the tapas bar was particularly pleasant as was the bartender at the pool bar. The wife had a lovely massage and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2012

If you enjoy large resorts, this is an outstanding one. I stayed a mere 24 hours for a business meeting. The staff was very "perky" and made an effort to be helpful. It is a very LARGE resort - not the place that I would choose for pleasure, prefering small, boutique style hotels.

One caution - when you check in, ask for a map to the property. I anticipated that there would be some sort of map in the room, which there wasn't. There was a map on the key card envelope but it was too small for my 52 year old eyes. Since I arrived in the dark and was delivered by golf cart to my room toward the back of the property, I felt trapped in my room until daylight.

The room was lovely with a luxurious bathroom and comfortable bedding.

Finally, as a resort, everything costs extra. There was a charge for internet from your room AND if you chose to use the business center for anything other than printing a boarding pass, the literature indicated a fee.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank debosears
Reviewed January 19, 2012

It was a last minute rush to find something to do for our 19th year anniversary. I thought about the other hotels in the valley but for some reason the Montelucia Resort stood out. I had heard about the Montelucia on local TV and we had always wanted to check it out, so I made a quick visit to there website to check for availability and pricing. There website was conveniently laid out and easy to use. I soon found there Romance Package deal that included a Deluxe Queen Room, dinner for 2 in the Prado restaurant with a complimentary bottle of wine, turn down service with champagne and chocolate strawberries. This was perfect, it was exactly what I was looking for....except the price. The package online would have costed me about $500 for just the one night. I was determined to get a room there so I gave them a call. I was greeted by a lovely voice who assisted me, I explained to her that we were celebrating our anniversary and was very interested in getting a room at there resort. By the time the call had ended I was getting an upgraded room in one of there Full Camelback view King rooms, $100 credit for 2 to Prado Restaurant with complimentary wine, turn down service with bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and a 3pm checkout for just $350, WOW, it was a must!!!

Our check in was quick and convenient being greeted by pleasant and friendly employees. On our way to our room we were given a quick tour of the resort in all of it's beauty it had to offer. The room was perfect with a very big comfy king size bed, stunning bathroom, and a patio with furniture to enjoy the amazing view of Camelback Mountain. Our dinner at at the Prado was perfect. The food was delicious, the wine superb, and the service 5 stars. When we returned to our room after a quick stroll through the resort we were greeted by rose petals leading to our bed, chocolate dipped strawberries, and a bottle of champagne. It was a perfect ending to an already perfect start at the Montelucia.

The following day we enjoyed breakfast at the Prado where the food and service was again 5 star. With our late check out we enjoyed the beautiful surroundings both within and around the resort. The sun was just warm enough for a quick dip in the sauna and to sit pool side and continue taking in the stunning views.

Overall, every second of our 24hrs at the Montelucia was remarkable! The service was superb and sincere, from the front desk check in/out, room service, grounds keepers, valet, and restaurant servers, we were always treated friendly and welcoming. Everyone called us by our names and kept wishing us a happy anniversary. The beautiful architecture and designs of the resort and the unbelievable views made it feel as though you were in another world. Most importantly I scored big time with my wife and that was worth every bit. Our stay at the Montelucia truly made for a memorable 19th yr anniversary that we will never forget and look forward to returning to create memorable moments together in the future.

Room Tip: Stunning views from there Camelback Mountain King Rooms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!