“Outstanding Large Resort”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed January 19, 2012

If you enjoy large resorts, this is an outstanding one. I stayed a mere 24 hours for a business meeting. The staff was very "perky" and made an effort to be helpful. It is a very LARGE resort - not the place that I would choose for pleasure, prefering small, boutique style hotels.

One caution - when you check in, ask for a map to the property. I anticipated that there would be some sort of map in the room, which there wasn't. There was a map on the key card envelope but it was too small for my 52 year old eyes. Since I arrived in the dark and was delivered by golf cart to my room toward the back of the property, I felt trapped in my room until daylight.

The room was lovely with a luxurious bathroom and comfortable bedding.

Finally, as a resort, everything costs extra. There was a charge for internet from your room AND if you chose to use the business center for anything other than printing a boarding pass, the literature indicated a fee.

1  Thank debosears
There are newer reviews for Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Reviewed January 19, 2012

It was a last minute rush to find something to do for our 19th year anniversary. I thought about the other hotels in the valley but for some reason the Montelucia Resort stood out. I had heard about the Montelucia on local TV and we had always wanted to check it out, so I made a quick visit to there website to check for availability and pricing. There website was conveniently laid out and easy to use. I soon found there Romance Package deal that included a Deluxe Queen Room, dinner for 2 in the Prado restaurant with a complimentary bottle of wine, turn down service with champagne and chocolate strawberries. This was perfect, it was exactly what I was looking for....except the price. The package online would have costed me about $500 for just the one night. I was determined to get a room there so I gave them a call. I was greeted by a lovely voice who assisted me, I explained to her that we were celebrating our anniversary and was very interested in getting a room at there resort. By the time the call had ended I was getting an upgraded room in one of there Full Camelback view King rooms, $100 credit for 2 to Prado Restaurant with complimentary wine, turn down service with bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and a 3pm checkout for just $350, WOW, it was a must!!!

Our check in was quick and convenient being greeted by pleasant and friendly employees. On our way to our room we were given a quick tour of the resort in all of it's beauty it had to offer. The room was perfect with a very big comfy king size bed, stunning bathroom, and a patio with furniture to enjoy the amazing view of Camelback Mountain. Our dinner at at the Prado was perfect. The food was delicious, the wine superb, and the service 5 stars. When we returned to our room after a quick stroll through the resort we were greeted by rose petals leading to our bed, chocolate dipped strawberries, and a bottle of champagne. It was a perfect ending to an already perfect start at the Montelucia.

The following day we enjoyed breakfast at the Prado where the food and service was again 5 star. With our late check out we enjoyed the beautiful surroundings both within and around the resort. The sun was just warm enough for a quick dip in the sauna and to sit pool side and continue taking in the stunning views.

Overall, every second of our 24hrs at the Montelucia was remarkable! The service was superb and sincere, from the front desk check in/out, room service, grounds keepers, valet, and restaurant servers, we were always treated friendly and welcoming. Everyone called us by our names and kept wishing us a happy anniversary. The beautiful architecture and designs of the resort and the unbelievable views made it feel as though you were in another world. Most importantly I scored big time with my wife and that was worth every bit. Our stay at the Montelucia truly made for a memorable 19th yr anniversary that we will never forget and look forward to returning to create memorable moments together in the future.

Room Tip: Stunning views from there Camelback Mountain King Rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

-Beautiful setting
-Outstanding service in every department
-Gorgeous spa
-Spacious rooms with very nicely appointed bathrooms and showers
-Grounds are perfectly maintained, and lovely
-Outdoor bar ROQ is a perfect setting to have some drinks on a nice day
-Our kids love this place
-Nice and peaceful patios with comfy seating
-Will come back for sure

Room Tip: We love building #4.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michelledavis156
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Weekend get-away with 3 friends, we stayed Fri - Sun and are planning another (longer) trip. I'm even planning to visit w/ the husband sometime. Service was top-notch from checking in thru checking out. We called the concierge a few times and they were always helpful and polite. When we needed something we received quick service too. Just being out by the pool or walking around enjoying the resort, attendants/staff were always ready to help without obstructing our time. The resort itself is the most beautiful resort I have been to. The layout, the scenery, the ballrooms, and guestrooms had us in awe - not only clean and beautiful, but smelled nice too. And our beds were the most comfortable ever. The resort is nicely tucked away, yet if you need to get out - shopping, restaurants, etc were not too far away. Definitely recommend for a girls-getaway or couples-getaway.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lori N
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Monelucia Resort about 20 to 30 times since the first week it opened! Have stayed at pretty much all the scottsdale resorts- Phoenician, JW Marriott, Hilton, Double Tree, Hyatt Regency, Westin Kierland, W, and this place is my absolute favorite for atmsphere, accomodations, and service! The staff is exremely friendly, beds are unbelievable, and restaurants are great!
Reviewer Credentials: Last 4 Years...Hilton Honors- Diamond, Starwood- Platinum, and Priority Club- Platinum Royal Ambassador

1  Thank Justin S
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed at this property 5 times and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly, proficient and, no matter where you go, you are greeted by name and with a smile. The food is creative and service impeccable. The gym is well-appointed. The rooms have the best restrooms I have seen - spacious and lovely. Linens are even the best.

Room Tip: you will want to see Camelback from your patio or balcony.
1  Thank CJO5
Reviewed January 18, 2012

If you like to combine leisure with business, the Montelucia is an excellent choice. You can walk to one of the the Camelback trailheads and head north to Sedona, Cave Creek, etc., quite easily. The meeting room we used was comfortable and the food for our meeting was outstanding. All of the Montelucia staff with whom we interacted were helpful, professional and courteous. The spa is pricier than others we have used, but the value was worth it. They have a great selection of wines, although the beer options were below my expectations for a quality resort.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor. Request "pool view."
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!