“Wonderful property. Will return”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This hotel is a dream. I am sad that our stay was so short.

Good:
Rooms are large
Great views
Cupcakes in the crave cafe are great
Staff is very friendly and helpful
Orange trees are beautiful
Heated pools
Great ambassador treatment
Best hotel gym I have ever seen

Tips
Don't pay for valet, guest parking is easy

Ask for building 15 (large rooms with a view)

Get ambassador status to get a worthwhile room upgrade and perks

Plan your day in advance, they have great fitness options like yoga and hikes throughout the day

Talk up the staff, they are great local resources

• Stayed: December 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (2,614)

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stayed here earlier on in the year and was extremely impresssed with the level of service and beauty of the resort, the surrounding views and the room itself. From the moment we arrived you could tell the level of service was high. The security team in their black suits, ties ad walkie talkies kinda looked like secret service agents and we felt like rock stars pulling up in the pimped out escalade we had hired as they opened the door to greet us and to direct the porters to take our minimal baggage. Check in was prompt and friendly as with every Intercontinental, Holida Inn and Crowne Plaza we hae stayed in. As we were priority club members we got an upgrade and a late checkout which is always a nice little bonus.

The resort itself was quite huge and we were taken by golf buggy to our room, we passed the impressive grounds and were taken to our room. It was quite a large room, tastefully decorated with a large verandah balcony overlooking the mountains and a courtyard area. Extremely peaceful at the time were there and was able to watch the sunset over the mountains and palm trees.

We then checked out the rest of the room and noted that there was ample storage and a nice little sitting area by the windows. The bathroom is huge with separate shower and tub and nice high end toiletry set. My fiance had a nice long shower whilst i ran the water to fill the deep wide bath tub so no shortage of hot water and good water pressure too which is important to us esp sincemy fiance and had just come from a long haul flight from sydney via L.A. Ordered room service which by my recollection was pretty good

We had to venture out and find somewhere to buy a suitcase and some clothes for me after a nap as my luggage was somewhere in Chicago so the local Walmart & Walgreens was conveniently located about 7minutes away.

Wish we had the chance to check out the restaurants but fiance was jetlagged so after trip to walgreens and a little late night sightseeing in downtown Scottsdale we had a quiet one and watched inhouse movie in bed whichwas super comfy with high threadcount sheets and supportive yet soft pillows. Always a nice option from feather pillows when you have hayfever.

Had breakfast delievered to the room which was definitely yummy and went for a stroll around the grounds. Unfortunately we were not able to stay very long as flights to the eastcoast were finally going again (this was during all the blizards earlier on in the year. Definitely a step up from the stand by hotel i stayed at in SCottsdale for 3nights. Would love to come here again if I were to come to Phoenix again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is one outstanding resort in the Phoenix area. I was upgraded at check-in to the Oasis area of the resort. They really take care of the InterContinental Ambassador members. The grounds were perfect. Service was excellent!

Room Tip: Join the InterContinental Ambassador program. It pays for itself after two stays at any of the Inter...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed here in December of 2011, with a small child. The room was great, the down side is the resort was terrible. The food prices were over the moon for very poor quality. The front desk had lost our reservation which included breakfast comp of $25 dollars a day and made no effort to give it to use. This is not a kid friendly resort. It takes forever to get anywhere,rent a car if you stay. Will never go back.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MIKE123447
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Montelucia is an outstanding Resort in Scottsdale / Paradise Valley. My wife and I recently stayed there for a wedding and I can say you wont find many properties in the Phoenix metro that will even come close to the experience you get here. Great staff, rooms, and spa. The restaurant, Prado, is incredible and the pool was great. Not one single complaint about this resort. Anyone coming to the Scottsdale/Paradise Valley area of the city should experience the Montelucia.

Room Tip: Uprade or not, you wont find a bad room in the Resort.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Let me start out by listing the positive qualities of this resort: Beautiful grounds, nice pool area(s), comfortable beds, attentive staff. I simply cannot give this resort 5 stars, as we did encounter a few hiccups during our stay.

My stay included 3 adults and one child (toddler age). We had to continually request additional towels each day of our 4 day/night stay as housekeeping would only give enough towel sets for 2 people. Minor, but annoying. The in-room safe was locked upon our arrival. Not a big deal, but I had to contact the Front Desk 3 times over 2 days to finally send somebody up to unlock the safe. Finally, the resort apparently wants to charge extra to use an in-room refrigerator ($25/day). Since I was traveling with a toddler, we simply had to have an in-room refrigerator for formula, snacks, etc. A 5 star resort would not typically charge extra to use an in-room refrigerator, particularly if it's listed under the room ammenities. After yet another call to the Front Desk with my request, they did issue a refrig for use during our stay.

Overall, the resort itself is beautiful and well maintained. The staff at Prado restaurant did a great job of accomodating my toddler as well. With a few minor changes and greater attention to detail, this resort can truly be 5 star quality.

Room Tip: Ask for Camelback view
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Northern P
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Most relaxing vacation ever in exquisite resort. Took 3 nights to go on a spa getaway by myself. Narrowed it down to either the Boulders Resort or Montelucia and liked the look of the spa at Montelucia better. I'm so glad I was able to experience the Montelucia. The spa is amazing! It takes you away to another world and looks like a palace. The atmosphere is tranquil and the treatments are extremely soothing. They have a Hammam warming room, eucalyptus steam room, very large jacuzzi, cold deluge and sauna. It's part of the circuit for the Hammam ritual. My skin was glowing after my facial, and body polish. The spa terrace overlooks the majestic camelback moutain landscape. The staff throughout the resort is extremely friendly and helpful. I had a room by the Oasis pool with a balcony. It was spacious and relaxing........the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in my life! I'm not the type of person who sleeps well away from home and don't travel much because of it.......I typically toss and turn but I slept like a rock in that bed! The resort is beautifully landscaped and feels like a Spanish village with lots of places to sit and relax with lovely walking paths and courtyards. Food was excellent.....mostly ate at Prado, the halibut was very good and the tasting menu was a nice experience. I had a smoothie from the fitness center called Jumpstart, it was delicious, a very good breakfast smoothie with banana, granola, almond milk and other things. I tried the pumpkin pie gelato at Crave and it was really tasty. Definately plan on visiting this resort again!

Room Tip: I chose an Oasis poolside room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!