“Desert Luxury”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at the Montelucia for three nights attending a conference on-site. The resort is set beneath Camelback Mountain and offers great views of the surrounding red rocks. It felt very spacious and luxurious with multiple pools, restaurants, and rooms distributed across different buildings with different styles; almost like a Moroccan village, and fitting very well into the desert landscape.

My room was very nicely furnished and spacious with a bathroom bigger than any other hotel I can remember and a nice terrace to enjoy in the evenings. The room was also very quiet and well equipped; wireless internet was available across the site and worked well during my stay.

While I did not try the resort’s restaurants, catering provided by the resort for the conference was very good. I did have opportunity to enjoy a massage at the resort's spa and found the spa area to be very relaxing with great staff and service.

Due to the conference I was not able to explore the area outside the resort, and the 108 degree daytime temperatures did not tempt outdoor activities anyway.

This would be a good place to come back to during a more moderate season to enjoy both the luxurious resort and the surroundings.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the common areas (pools, restaurants) might get noisy, rooms farther away require a b...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,614)

Reviewed October 29, 2011

The Front desk was very helpful. The customer service was excellent. The resort was beautiful. The Spa was the best I have ever experienced. Everyone was very helpful in what ever special requests we had.

Room Tip: We had a suite overlooking the Oasis Pool. My adult daughters and myself and it was very comfortabl...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

montelucia has it all. we had high expectations traveling to scottsdale over our daughter's fall break. montelucia lived up to it! the grounds are immaculately kept. the resort atmosphere is quiet, yet lively...exclusive yet not elitist...helpful yet not intrusive. the biggest surprise of all may have been the service and food at prado. our stay came with $50 dining credits so we thought we would try it out. we are ones who usually venture out as much as possible to experience the local dining scene. however, on this trip, our best food experience was at prado...so much so that we chose to have our last dinner before departure at prado as well. on a side note, i must say, that the local dining scene, except for the daily dose and oregano's in old-town was quite disappointing.

while my wife and i did not use the spa, my parents who joined us on the trip who are in their 70s did and enjoyed it immensely. they were overwhelmed by the spa experience.

we stayed in the smaller king-sized bedded rooms that the resort offers in building #17. it is located near the back of the property. beware that the property is quite spread out so there could be a lot of walking required depending on where your rooms are located. this was perfect for us except for my parents who have a bit of challenge when it comes to walking distances. they managed fine with this challenge as the adult pool is relatively close to the back of the property.

all in all, the montelucia was extremely nice and all staff met during our stay were appropriately friendly and helpful. a return stay may be in order!

Room Tip: the property layout is quite expansive. if walking is an issue, please check with mgmt before booki...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Boilermaker_Indy
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We had a great stay at the Montelucia Resort! We would like to thank the entire staff, especially Eamonn, Brad and Jonathan for our wonderful stay at the Montelucia.The resort is exceptional in so many areas, especially the service. We had a seamless check in, rides in golf carts and a terrific time in the M bar & restaurant. The room was gorgeous with a stunning view and immaculately clean. Thanks so much to the terrific and thoughtful staff at the Montelucia - we look forward to our return visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We finished a three week tour here. The travel agent said she would give us a little luxury before we returned home. She wasn't kidding. The rooms are large with fabulous furnishings, and a luxurious bathroom. The staff were all friendly and helpful, especially the English lady who looks after the main dining room. She had us settled down beautifully while we waited for our trip to the airport - which is very easy to get to and from.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2011

WOW! Where to begin. We just returned from 4 days Friday to Monday.. The property is breathtaking situated with the Camelback mountains as this geographical feature you always feel you are in some oasis far away from civilization. There are two pools "Kazbah" the one with more modern hip hop music playing, little more action,kid friendly and one called "Oasis" that has Zen type music, and is for adults only VERY relaxing and soothing. Both pools have you looking straight out at the mountains with little added waterfalls clean beautiful surroundings, fresh towels as many as you want, food and bar service right to you, pitchers of ice cold water brought continually to you without having to ask, what more do you want? They cater to you continually~ and everyone sincerely asks you when they walk by you if you need anything or just simply if you are enjoying your stay. We stayed in the 1600 block right behind the mountains so our patio looked out at them complete privacy and quiet. I loved that! I didn't want people walking in front of our room. this way we could change and not worry about seeing anyone.One night I fell asleep on the humongous lounge chair out there it was so peaceful. The rooms are beautiful, the bathroom ultra modern but with that Santa Fe Spanish feel throughout, and mirrors! Lots of them as well Huge one OUTSIDE the property which just makes everything bright and even more sunny! It was 100 degrees everyday! The maids leave you alone which I loved! Never were we bothered like in other hotels continually with them knocking on your door or making noise in the hallway. You never see them ever! Yet you come back to a new fresh room everyday! Now the food... One big restaurant with breathtaking views.. They offer a buffet for breakfast at $25.00 I think? so good! really top notch! WE had the buffet and then we ordered steak and eggs and the french toast and we shared it so we BOTH got everything! which was cheaper then the buffet but equally as good!. Dinner we had the first night with a bottle of wine was $165.00 plus 20% tip. That was pretty expensive but really good. The next night we took a cab to "old Town" Scottsdale to a bar where you sit UP on a deck outside best steak sandwich I have ever had for $11.95 Back to the resort~ it's all about relaxing there's no real bar or party going on just calm... they played jazz music in the restaurant first night and that was great. There's a state of the art Gym which we loved ! You could sit and spin and look at these beautiful houses built into the side of the mountains while you got in shape! and although I didn't use the spa treatments it looked really nice in there. I would recommend going to Scottsdale road to the Trader Vics or another food store and purchase some water and liquor & maybe snacks and bring back to the resort as the mini bar is expensive. Take a cab don't attempt to walk! We did and it was like 4-5 miles at least! in 100 degree temps? Not a good idea... I thought I was going to die! Beautiful pristine property, and the staff are so friendly and they are really sincere about it. There's no complacency here at all. You check in and out with ease no waiting~ I can't wait to return we are planning it for the New Year for sure! small tips~ bring lots of suntan lotions spf 60 or higher. I have no burn because of it. They offer sunscreen but it's only spf 15.. which I was surprised at~bring a little soft shell thermo cooler it comes in handy in the desert for your room or when you are sight seeing. As soon as you get in your room fill the ice bucket! the fridges aren't very cold. I filled the sink and chilled a bottle of chardonnay all day while we were at the pool so when we got back at dinnertime it was so refreshingly cold! Bring a Frisbee or badminton racket if you like that type of thing as there's an area where you can easily play.. Bring a little mini water spritzer, put in the ice bucket and take it to the pool with you.. you will thank me later for this ;)

Room Tip: I loved facing the mountains but I am sure if you wanted to face the gardens and pool THAT too would...
1  Thank LoliB818
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is a fabulous resort and we really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were huge and luxurious and the grounds were beautiful.

We had dinner the first night in the hotel and it was terrific. A nice tasting menu, great wine recommendation and great waitstaff. There was a problem with some very loud patrons in the bar, but the manager came over to make sure we weren't bothered too much.

We asked for a quiet room and they put us close to the adult pool, so we thought we were fine. The first night was very quiet...however, there was a wedding that weekend and so that first "quiet" afternoon in adult pool very quickly became a "party" for several young men. I'm fine with people have fun, but I do draw the line at offensive language, which there was plenty of and the staff did nothing about it. When they left, it was back to peace and quiet...until we got back to our room.

Guess who they put right next to us? We promptly asked for a room change and although we were accommodated quickly, the young woman (she looked and sounded about 15) at the front desk made a joke about the whole thing which didn't sit well with us.

Luckily, our new room was much quieter and the rest of the stay was fantastic. So much to see and do in that area of Scottsdale and I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because of the snarky service from the front desk. She was the only one though...the rest of the staff was FANTASTIC!

Room Tip: Any room away from the pools are very quiet if you're looking for that. All rooms look pretty m...
1  Thank melkington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!