“Pure Bliss”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We just returned from our second delightful staycation this summer at the Montelucia and couldn't be more pleased! Firstly, we are continually awed by the beautiful grounds, the luxurious rooms with the comfiest of beds, breathtaking views, and the attentive, but not pretentious, customer service. The first trip, my husband and I both indulged in a day at the spa with a body healing massage that was out of this world. We were lulled into complete relaxation by the meditative music, all of the included services such as relaxation rooms, sauna, jacuzzi, access to the fitness center and rooftop pool with the breathtaking view of Camelback Mountain, just to name a few highlights. We dined in the Prado Restaurant for brunch and lunch and it certainly met our discriminating culinary standards. I love the weekend brunch- reasonably priced, and just the perfect amount of tasty selections to include an omelette and waffle bar, and some of the highest quality pastries that you can pair with numerous fruits, breakfast meats, egg and potato dishes, lox, lunch meats and granola parfaits. Mmmmm! We will definitely return for a weekend brunch, even when not staying at the resort. You also can't beat Sangria Sundays at the Crave Cafe'. The resort has two pools- one more action packed, rocking with energetic music- and the Oasis pool, where you can find your zen, read a book and challenge your husband to a game of ping pong. The location is perfect for hiking the mountain or casually cruising the beautiful neighborhoods, taking in the surrounding Arizona charm. Even though we live only twenty minutes away, staying at the Montelucia felt like we were whisked away to another country. We can't say enough about Adam Powell, the Front Office Manager, who made sure our experience was PERFECT!

Room Tip: Love the rooms around the Oasis Pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KLBill
Write a ReviewReviews (2,586)

Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed over labor day weekend for a little in town holiday. The property is beautiful and serene. Our room had an amazing view of camelback mountain and the oasis pool. The bathroon was large with an open shower and big bathtub. The bed was very comfortable. We spent the afternoon at the main pool drinking great margarita's and enjoying the atmosphere. The pool was busy but not crowded and was a good mix of ages, couples, families, singles, etc... We had dinner at MBar. The bartenders gave us great suggestions for food and speciality drinks. They were engaging and fun to talk to. We will defintely come back for dinner even if we aren't staying at the hotel. We had the buffet breakfast which included fabulous omelets and waffles. You can also have unlimited mimosas or bloody mary's for a bit more/person.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I had a great stay at the Montelucia! The grounds were wonderful and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spectacular! So comfy and luxurious. I would also recommend a visit to the spa. The view from their private pool is amazing!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was back for a second year attending a conference. The food was awesome. I also have never been to a property where all the staff are incredibly friendly, in a professional poise way, and sincerely want you to enjoy the resort as much as they do. I had a drama with my own computer and the staff went above and beyond to help me out with technical assistance and overall support as I spent many hours in the business center. Everyone seemed to care. The resort setting looking out to Camelback is spectacular. This sets the tone for the natural beauty of little bunnies scurrying around and the hummingbirds buzzing around checking out all the wonderful plants. The pools are super. With 24-hour access I was able to swim until very late and get up early and put in some time before my sessions. I just can't say enough good about this place. It is an excellent place to sit back, relax and attend a conference. I would love to return to just enjoy the resort. The absolute best of both worlds. Cheers to the staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Wendy_trcdn
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The welcome at the Montelucia resort was simply outstanding.The warmth and dedication deployed by the staff members at large was unbelievable.Kind of pricy but at the end well worth it.Cosy,comfortable,family friendly.Without a doubt,i recommend this outstanding resort.

Jacques Dion
Trois-Rivières QC
Canada

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room close to the front of the resort,closer to the restaurants and the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed here last December with our 2 year old son for our winter vacation. We were there for 4 nights and it never felt crowded. The parking lot was always full at night so that tells me there were many guests there. I am a Platinum member with Intercontinental hotels so that may be the reason why we got an upgrade at check in. I called in advance to request an upgrade to a suite and they were very accomodating. I also noticed not many people were booked around our room since we had the kid. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool area as it is very scenic with the mountains in the background. We also got some good pictures with a fire balcony overlooking the pool which was really neat. As we were walking around the atrium, an employee came up to my 2 year old and asked if he received his gift yet. I had no idea what he was talking about and he gave him a stuffed turtle. Absolutely made his day. We never ate at the restaurants on property so no comments on that but the grounds are beautiful. My son particularly loved the grass area where they have a volleyball net and bacci balls. There are numerous orange trees on the property which has a nice feel to the grounds. The resort is absolutely breath taking, the employees were kind and accomodating, and the room was perfect with a patio. Would definitely come back again and take advantage of the spa services when it's just me and the wife.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make your requests known prior to getting there. They will do what they can to accomo...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

For the second year in a row, I got to attend a conference there. The natural beauty of the area is great. The landscaping of hotel is perfectly manicured. Walking through the grounds on your way somewhere or just to stroll is incredible because of the wildlife! Little wild bunnies and hummingbirds are seen everyday, many times. We had a nice back porch area with comfortable chairs where you could sit and relax or read and see many different species of birds. It is a beautiful, tranquil place. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurants are awesome. Even the conference food was great! There are several pools which are incredible in themselves. The concierge hooked us up with a great 1/2 day tour of the desert with My Arizona Guide. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!