This resort, upon arrival, will knock your socks off it is so beautiful, lush, and luxurious in every way. So much so that unless you are a high roller big wig executive for a very important company, you will feel completely out of place here. This hotel is not for the every day man, it is for the top of the top elite class. I do not fault them for this, as there needs to be a place the richest of the rich can go and squander their money, but just be warned that this is how it is before booking. If this will make you uncomfortable, dont stay here.
We came for a 4-day weekend here to celebrate a friends wedding that was on the property, so the bride picked the hotel. She did pick a beautiful place to have a wedding, but it was quite the expense for guests. Let me give you some examples of how crazy expensive this place was:
To have a casual lunch at the pool restaurant, a regular sized margarita was $15!!! Each menu item is listed as seemingly reasonably priced item, and then the meat price is quoted in a different area. What is not clear is that you had to add the item price plus the meat price together to get the total for your food. One friend that I dined with made this mistake and was very surprised by the final cost of her 2 tacos. A couple dining next to me had a few beers, nachos, and a hamburger. Her bill was over 80 dollars!!!!! Holy crap, and that was just for a poolside lunch!
So, you might be thinking to your self, just go to the store and bring your own lunch/drinks to the pool. NO SIREE! There is absolutely NO outside food or drink allowed EVER! They are strict, strict, STRICT here, and the watch you like a hawk! We brought cans of beer to the pool, the same brand thy serve, and were told to dump it out immediately. The pool server also told us they had private spies looking out for anyone else who tried it. If you're going to pay $300 per night to stay here, the least they could let you do was drink your own beer. But no...
You are also not allowed to even MOVE a pool chair to any other spot, because you might be throwing off the balance of chairs per pool server, and each chair that does get moved will be charged a $25 a day fee. The pool server also told me that they make, on average, $50 per person per pool chair. That, ladies and gentleman, is how much it will cost you to get a few beers and a plate of nachos brought to you poolside. So, go get drunk in your room before coming out to the pool, although I agree that this is NOT the point of going to such a nice place. However, $45 plus a tip would be how much it cost me to get a margarita buzz going for an afternoon.
This hotel is also a pretty decent drive from the downtown Scottsdale area, so a cab there and back is also very expensive. If you consider that, on top of the shuttle cost to and from the airport, you are much better off just renting a car.
The wedding here was beautiful on an outdoor lawn in the Presidential Suite, and then the reception was in a very fancy ballroom. This was lovely and any bride would be happy to get married here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain’s Andalusia region, the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia brings the essence of Europe to the heart of Scottsdale. With arching entryways, splashing fountains, floral walkways, and a collection of antiquities hidden throughout the property, Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is an enchanting resort destination that boasts 293 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, the Moroccan-inspired Joya Spa, six tempting dining options including the critically-acclaimed Prado restaurant, a myriad of radiant pools and breathtaking views. Nestled at the base of Camelback Mountain, the resort’s convenient central location offers easy access to the area’s best golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montelucia Hotel Paradise Valley
- Montelucia Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Paradise Valley
- Intercontinental Montelucia Hotel