“Our Weekday Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Overgaard
Mogollon Resort Cabins
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I don't understand all the complaints about this place. Yes, our cabin was cold when we arrived but we turned up the thermostat on the fireplace, as well as the baseboards via the knobs on the walls and within a day it was toasty warm. We were smart and brought our own towels. The kitchen was equipped with everything one could need. It was quiet and peaceful with nothing but rabbit tracks and birds. My only issue is we booked for only 2 nights and will plan a longer stay next time. If you're a couple looking for a quiet getaway, I highly recommend it. Love this place and give it 5 stars!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mogollon Resort Cabins

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just spent an extremely cold night (Sat. Jan 12, 2013) in the cabin called Secret Escape...and it should remain a secret because our main source of heat was from the oven and stove top burners! It never got warm enough for any of us to remove our coats, scarves, and gloves! The problem was reported, but our phone call didn't get returned so we could have moved to another cabin. The gas fireplace only got you warm if you were sitting directly in front of it and the floor board heaters didn't work much at all either. Also, not impressed with the cookware there, which looked old and disgusting, and just about everything we put in the refrigerator was frozen by morning. We won't stay at that cabin ever again. The fee paid for this cabin should be refunded!

Room Tip: Request the cabin called Snowed Inn if you plan a trip to these cabins. It's a slightly smaller...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FayeShively
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just returned from our 3 night stay in the "Lonesome Dove" at these cabins. Overall it was a very good trip. The property was located in a somewhat remote location, which is what we were looking for. The cabin was very clean and had all the ammenities including a washer and dryer. Now I know the reason for that., they do not provide extra towels to their guests. The towels they do provide you with are very small and super thin. Obviously very old towels also. When I asked to have some extra, I was told that they would have to charge for them if they gave them to us. This is not something they provide because of the washer and dryer. I thought I was on vacation! I had to do towels every day! Oh, The dryer was not very good also, it took about 6 hours to dry the load of towels. The manager also knew that and agreed with me that the dryers were not up to par. But there were still no extra towels to be given.Hot tub was great except it smelled musty, was dirty and the heater & jets stopped working on the 2nd day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 69mary
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just returned from a 3-night stay at Mogollon Resort Cabins. We stayed in "Outlaw" and loved it! Everything was working pefectly! It was cozy, quiet and a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of Phoenix. We would highy recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My family decided to get out of Los Angeles for the Holidays. We stayed in the Bear Paw cabin and it was great, everything worked just fine. We never say anybody from the office but it was no big deal, we didn't need anything. Our front lights were out, but I had packed to lanterns so again no big deal. You can hear the cars on the hwy, but it really didn't bother that much.
This is not about the cabins, but the cute town, it completely shut down for the holidays, nothing was open for the 4 days, so just be prepared if your there at a holiday time.
We really enjoyed our cabin and the experience, and yes we plan on returning,

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank susan e
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I initially booked a one night stay in the Homesteader for my husband's birthday. The advertised price online was $139, however, I was hit with an additional $60 cleaning fee when I called to make the reservation. I was a little upset that the additional fee wasn't mentioned online, but decided to make the reservation anyway. BAD MOVE. On the day that we were set to check in, I received a voicemail at 12:30 (We were about 15 miles away) stating that the spa wasn't working at the Homesteader. Management offered to either give us a very small discount ($40) or move us to another cabin. I had to call back 5 times before someone answered, and was then told that we could move to the Lonesome Dove cabin for a working spa, but that the fireplace wasnt working. We decided to make the move, however, I was extremely upset with the fact that they were calling us the day that we were set to check in to advise that the upgrade items that I had paid for werent working. The spa and fireplace were really the only two reasons that I booked the cabin in the first place. Upon arriving we found the cabin to be nice and clean, however, we soon realized that the baseboard heaters (that management assured us would be sufficient in heating the cabin) were definitely not going to do the job. We tried to turn on the oven to make cookies ... It didn't work. We then found that half of the light bulbs in the cabin were out, the microwave was faulty ... and THE SPA DIDN'T WORK. We called and left a message for management advising of the problems we encountered and our EXTREME disappointment with the condition of the cabin/ammenities. It has now been two days and our call still has not been returned. Words cannot express how displeased I am with the entire experience .... or how much of a complete waste of money this cabin was. We will never return and I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Morgan B
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My friends and I booked the 2 bedroom+spa for a girls weekend. Upon arrival we quickly discovered why the "management/ staff" was no where to be found and that the office was closed. Although the cabin was generally clean, the porch lights didn't work, and the spa and DVD player were broken... The reasons why we booked the "upgraded cabin" in the first place. Nothing was done about it by management. Bottom line is management agreed to comp one night but then charged us the full amount. We called numerous times to address the situation but the people were rude, lied and unapologetic. Beyond disappointing. Will never stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Lizzycoronado

Been to Mogollon Resort Cabins? Share your experiences!