“Peaceful New Year Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Overgaard
Mogollon Resort Cabins
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just returned from a 3-night stay at Mogollon Resort Cabins. We stayed in "Outlaw" and loved it! Everything was working pefectly! It was cozy, quiet and a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of Phoenix. We would highy recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My family decided to get out of Los Angeles for the Holidays. We stayed in the Bear Paw cabin and it was great, everything worked just fine. We never say anybody from the office but it was no big deal, we didn't need anything. Our front lights were out, but I had packed to lanterns so again no big deal. You can hear the cars on the hwy, but it really didn't bother that much.
This is not about the cabins, but the cute town, it completely shut down for the holidays, nothing was open for the 4 days, so just be prepared if your there at a holiday time.
We really enjoyed our cabin and the experience, and yes we plan on returning,

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank susan e
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I initially booked a one night stay in the Homesteader for my husband's birthday. The advertised price online was $139, however, I was hit with an additional $60 cleaning fee when I called to make the reservation. I was a little upset that the additional fee wasn't mentioned online, but decided to make the reservation anyway. BAD MOVE. On the day that we were set to check in, I received a voicemail at 12:30 (We were about 15 miles away) stating that the spa wasn't working at the Homesteader. Management offered to either give us a very small discount ($40) or move us to another cabin. I had to call back 5 times before someone answered, and was then told that we could move to the Lonesome Dove cabin for a working spa, but that the fireplace wasnt working. We decided to make the move, however, I was extremely upset with the fact that they were calling us the day that we were set to check in to advise that the upgrade items that I had paid for werent working. The spa and fireplace were really the only two reasons that I booked the cabin in the first place. Upon arriving we found the cabin to be nice and clean, however, we soon realized that the baseboard heaters (that management assured us would be sufficient in heating the cabin) were definitely not going to do the job. We tried to turn on the oven to make cookies ... It didn't work. We then found that half of the light bulbs in the cabin were out, the microwave was faulty ... and THE SPA DIDN'T WORK. We called and left a message for management advising of the problems we encountered and our EXTREME disappointment with the condition of the cabin/ammenities. It has now been two days and our call still has not been returned. Words cannot express how displeased I am with the entire experience .... or how much of a complete waste of money this cabin was. We will never return and I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Morgan B
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My friends and I booked the 2 bedroom+spa for a girls weekend. Upon arrival we quickly discovered why the "management/ staff" was no where to be found and that the office was closed. Although the cabin was generally clean, the porch lights didn't work, and the spa and DVD player were broken... The reasons why we booked the "upgraded cabin" in the first place. Nothing was done about it by management. Bottom line is management agreed to comp one night but then charged us the full amount. We called numerous times to address the situation but the people were rude, lied and unapologetic. Beyond disappointing. Will never stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Lizzycoronado
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My recent stay at the Mogollon Resort Cabins was nothing but disruptive and disappointing. It was suppose to be a relaxing weekend getaway to celebrate a birthday with some good friends. Unfortunately, it was nothing of that nature. There were numerous mishaps and management had to come out several times in order to assess or "fix" things.The dvd player ate our dvd and despite their efforts to fix it, it was just a lost cause. We specifically chose the Homestead cabin for the the sole fact that it had a hot tub. Of course, like everything else in the cabin it broke. The first night it worked fine, but the next day when we went to go sit in it we found that it would not heat up. Management came out again and told us there was nothing they could do to fix it and promised to "credit us completely for Saturday night when we check out". Unforunately, that did not happen. That is completely unacceptable when the whole selling point of staying there was for the hot tub and that is not what we were originally told when they came to the conclusion that it could not be fixed that night. This was a weekend we were all looking forward to and it's unfortunate that it was so frustrating and such a letdown.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed October 23, 2012

For our stay there were two adults and two granddaughters for our two nights in the Whispering Pines cabin. Reservations and any questions I had were addressed quickly, completely, politely and professionally. Check-in was efficient and an "as expected" experience. Our cabin sat on the very back of the 10-acres. So we did not experience any significantly loud road noises from the highway. We assessed the cabin to be clean and completely adequate for our stay.

The only constructive feedback we have is about the gas, thermostat-controlled fireplace. It did not work. On the first late afternoon of our stay I called the resort telephone number and left a message to that effect and also cited my cell phone number for a call back or a maintenance-person visit. We did not get a call back nor a visit from a maintenance person. Since a fireplace was one of our primary requirements for a cabin, we were very disappointed about this one point.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. My granddaughters loved the loft. The nightly rate was reasonable... the accommodations were as expected and we would consider staying at The Mogollon Resort Cabins again... But next time we'll require an accompanied walk-thru before accepting the cabin... especially to verify the proper functioning of the fireplace.

Room Tip: The "Whispering Pines" cabin. Placed at the very back of the 10-acre grounds and accepta...