“Very Good Food, Nice Service”

Wild Women Saloon and Grill
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Overgaard
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stopped in to the Wild Women Saloon and Grill yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I had the Patty Melt and it was very good, cooked exactly how a burger should be cooked. The French Fries are really good too. I was really full when I left the restaurant. My buddy had the Mushroom burger and he really enjoyed his burger also. Ice Tea was fresh and tasted really good. I would have given a 5 star but we had to move to the other side of the restaurant as the music was a little too loud for the Lunch Hour. It was more for a Party Crowd at nite. Atmosphere also would have been excellent but again, Music was too loud for lunch crowd. Waitress Connie, was Very Nice, she came by to ask how everything was at least twice and asked if we needed refills twice also, which is always better than looking for someone to get a refill !!!

WWSAG1, Owner at Wild Women Saloon and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you very much for your review! We will make a point to watch the volume on the music during lunch.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I have eaten here 10+ times ONLY because its the only place within a reasonable distance of our cabin. The food isn't terrible, but I have to be honest, the service is just down right terrible. Every. Single. Time we come we're just appalled at how rude their waiting and bar staff are. Whoever hires these people should be ashamed at the service they are providing. This bar/restaurant has potential to be a really cool place but it won't do anything with the current (obviously underpaid and disgruntled) staff that they have in place.

We apologize for any rude service you may have received. We are always working to improve service and we have gone through some changes in staffing since your review. We hope you give us another try to provide you with excellent service.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'd never been to the Wild Women, although my friends had raved about it. The restaurant is a rustic yet upscale saloon with good food and lot's of fun. Although it is a saloon, it has a family dining area also as well as an outdoor patio. With the juke box, pool table and tv's in the bar dining area it's a super relaxed place. Many locals frequent the restaurant along with tourists, so it's definitely a great spot to meet nice folk! The food was priced right, and executed perfectly. I shared the prime rib and it was ginormous and delicious! I will definitely be back, and the only restaurant I would make a destination stop for in traveling along the rim! Yummy!

Thanks Roxanne for your review!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Monster size chicken wings cooked to perfection, my husband jokingly calls them “Arnold Schwarzenegger wings”. Best French Fries we have ever had, they have a special crunchy breading and the fish and chips are like mini baseball bats, outstanding! Very courteous staff, great service and pleasant atmosphere in an adorable Western style shopping center at Bison Ranch. And for a special night the Prime Rib on the weekends is fantastic. This restaurant truly pays attention to detail, impressive.

Thank you Jenna for your review! The chicken wings are definitely a fan favorite!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I passed the Wild Women Saloon and Grill on our drive from Show Low to Overgaard, and decided to have an early dinner there on our way back to Show Low. We first read the reviews on TripAdvisor -- what I would call a mixed bag...but decided to give it a try. Were we every glad we did.

You enter through the bar, which is where we decided to have our meal (there is also another room with tables if you don't want to sit by the bar). The bartender immediately brought menus to our table and took our drink order...and 5 minutes later was at our table to take our dinner order. She was very cordial.

My wife ordered garlic Parmesan wings (12 for $11.99), french fries and a side of cole slaw. I opted for the ranch burger ($9.45) topped with bacon, 2 onion rings and BBQ sauce, served with a side of fries (I "upgraded" to sweet potato fries for an additional $1.25). All of the food was delicious! Our tab was just under $29.

Service was great throughout our meal -- our waitress checked on us a couple of times -- and checkout was quick and courteous.

I would not hesitate eating at the Wild Women Saloon and Grill on our next drive through Overgaard.

Thanks for the review Howard! We appreciate it.