I stayed at this property in late March, while attending a conference at the nearby Hilton ElConquistador. Given that the rate at the Fairfield Inn was about one third that of the Hilton, it was a quick decision to stay here.
On arrival, there was ample free parking. Check in was quick and painless. I was given a first floor room, which was quiet and clean. The room included a mini-fridge and nice LG flat screen TV (but hooked up to analog, not digital service, resulting in poor picture quality). The ventilation system allowed one to operate the fan in continuous mode, nice to provide background noise while sleeping. The only significant thing missing was an in-room safe. The free wi-fi internet worked well, It was only down once, for a short time, during my six night stay. Housekeeping service was efficient and effective. No problems at all there.
In fact, the only negative -- though it is significant -- was a plumbing issue. Specifically, the shower control was one of those off-brand fixtures practically requiring a graduate degree to operate. Or, experimenting with the thing early in the morning, still half-asleep, to figure out how to turn it on and adjust the water. Is it really that much of an issue for hotels to use standard fixtures, which everyone knows how to operate?
Worse, the shower water temperature simply could NOT be adjusted to remain comfortable. It changed constantly, going from ice cold to practically scalding. I know I was not the only one with this issue, as I heard other guests complaining of the same thing. I spoke to the front desk early in my stay, and was told, "Oh, yeah, they're working on it." In fact, I did see a plumber's van at the property. However, nothing changed for the duration of my stay.
The free breakfast was adequate the one day I took advantage of it. I did not eat at the next-door restaurant during my stay, as there are so many excellent Mexican choices nearby. It is a short drive into Tucson, and there are plenty of grocery stores nearby.
In summary, were it not for the plumbing issue, I would recommend this hotel without reservation. Hopefully, they will get it corrected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel with confidence by checking into the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Tucson North Oro Valley a hotel with outstanding service to make all of your travels easy and comfortable - at an exceptional value. With a great location near the near the heart of Oro Valley, we are always ready to welcome you with amenities like thoughtfully designed guest rooms and suites that allow you to work and relax, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel to stay connected during your stay, and fitness facilities that include a pool, spa and exercise room. You'll find it easy to settle into our vibrant lobby, with spaces to gather, relax and work. Jump start your day with our free breakfast, now with more hot choices like scrambled eggs, sausage and oatmeal, plus favorites including fresh fruit and yogurt. At the Fairfield Inn and Suites Tucson North Oro Valley you're our #1 priority. We promise you'll be satisfied or we'll make it right. That's our commitment to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Tucson North/Oro Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tucson North/Oro Valley Hotel Oro Valley
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Tucson North/Oro Valley
- Holiday Inn Oro Valley
- Oro Valley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley