“Meh, not so much...”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We'd heard many good things about Flavor of India but it didn't live up to its accolades. We had dinner there recently and while the food was good, we weren't impressed. For us, it's pricey. We used a coupon, but would never go back there without having some kind of a discount.
And, it tool a l-o-n-g time to get our food. Also, and maybe this is de rigueur, but we had to pay for the naan with our meal, which was very good but really?
Staff there were all Indian, which spoke well of the establishment, and they were very attentive with their water service and checking in.
All that said, we won't go back. And wouldn't recommend it to anyone honestly. Try Saffron Indian Bistro first - it has better food, better service and better atmosphere.
On a side note, we did notice heavy traffic of people coming in to get take-out. Who knows, maybe we'll try that, but we certainly won't dine-in again, just not worth it.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have been eating lunch here regularly for 2-3 years. I enjoy the buffet for its flavors, its GF-free abundance and for the price. Staff is pleasant and efficient.
A couple of weeks ago I brought a friend who enjoys Indian food to this restaurant for lunch. He ordered chicken biryani with hot spice and I ordered the tandoori lamb kabobs, medium well with hot/medium spicing. His was good and plentiful but without any spicy heat at all. My meal consisted of unspiced, past-well-done to the point of lost flavor and toughness pieces of lamb placed on top of the "vegetables": a very, very few small pieces of sauted onion and even fewer (like 4) small pieces of bell pepper. I was doling out the onion pieces to make them last the whole meal just so there would be some sort of flavoring to each bite.
Needless to say, after all my previous time here, this meal was a real disappointment. I gave 3 stars only because my friend's meal was decent, if underspiced.
I truly hope this experience was an abberation! Time will tell.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I have dinner there on the order of once a week. Extremely warm and friendly people. Also occasionally do their lunch buffet.

The restaurant is clean, nicely furnished and modern. Table cloths and linen napkins are the norm. They have a fairly wide selection of vegetarian dishes which is important to us as we are vegetarians. Service is fast and competent. The food is very good, nicely served and plentiful. Pricing is very reasonable for what you get. Nice place to take your family.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Having passed this restaurant several times by car or cycling, always intending to dine there; one evening, when our favorite Greek restaurant was booked up, we gave it a try.

It's just modest place at the end of the strip mall, but affords a great view of Pusch Ridge.

The staff is friendly and willing to help those unfamiliar with Indian cuisine. The Bar is small, but well stocked with your favorite spirit.

The food is excellent, good portions and moderately priced. We have become regular customers to this restaurant.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We stop by here for the lunch buffet or dinner every time we are in Tucson. We love Indian food and we think this restaurant has the best Indian food in Tucson. The owners and servers are also very friendly. We highly recommend this place - the lunch buffet is especially good and a good value.