“Best happy hour in Oro Valley”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Oro Valley
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Oro Valley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Oro Valley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“Best happy hour in Oro Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

As chains go The Keg is one of the best: top quality food, consistent great service, and high but not outrageous prices. The deals are to be had at happy hour (4-7 pm M-F) offering many items under $10. My wife and I like the casual plates for a late evening dinner after a busy day at the office. Try the 6 oz top sirloin steak, with two herb basted black tiger shrimp (19.95) or prime rib burger (11.95). My favorite is the 8 oz top sirloin steak and fries 20.95. Eat at the bar or in the lounge, seating is first-come, first served.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dan_Ader

Fort Worth, Texas
“Very average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I ordered my steak slightly charred and I came out resembling a charcoal briquette. The sides were ok but not as savory as one would expect of a fine steakhouse. I usually enjoy calamari as an appetizer but here it was over cooked and greasy. This was disappointing as we had a group of 12. I have been to other Kegs and have not had a meal this pedestrian in nature so hopefully this was a one off situation.

• Visited April 2013
tucson
“ASK FOR JUSTIN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We returned to our favorite "special day" spot and were not disappointed. Besides the food, we continue to be awed by the quality of their staff.

• Visited March 2013
Weed, California
“Fun and Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I visited his sister in Saddlebrook, Az during the Match Play. The last night of our visit we spent a fun filled evening dining at The Keg Steakhouse and Bar. The place was hopping for a Monday night, but the service was great. The drinks came a little slow due to a computer problem at the bar but the waitress did a great job, despite. My husband and one of the others at the table had the ribs and raved about them. I splurged and had the Snow Crab legs yummy. Because our group tended to be rather talkative and boisterous we contributed to the higher level of noise in the restaurant. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic little place to have dinner, perhaps this is not the place. But if you want good food, friendly service and lots of energy, this is the place. We were impressed, also, that one of the chefs helped deliver some of our food. We will return when back in Tucson.

• Visited February 2013
Oro Valley, Arizona
“had one bad experiance so tried them again, no better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

went once and had raw chicken, cold lobster (yes should have been hot), and med rare steak was RAW. salad with dressing on the side came with dressing on it. They took the food back and did correct it. The waiter Dillon was good.
second time, you guessed it. had a reservation, we got seated 30+ minutes late. they said they forgot us after we checked in. seated by kitchen door. salad wrong again, steak RAW again, and 9oz wine only had 6 ozs. they do not have it down. another dillon as waiter was good. waiters good rest poor. we will not be back

• Visited January 2013