“Interesting place to spend some time with the family”
Review of Biosphere 2

Biosphere 2
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Oracle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visitors can observe nature in a controlled state at this world-famous steel and glass research center where desert, forest, ocean and other ecosystems are monitored and studied.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Biosphere 2 is a very interesting tour. They mention 100-150 steps - that is NOT all at once. It is just that the entire tour has steps here and there, more like 10-20 at a time. So little kids are perfectly fine during the tour also. They had about 15 people in our toured group. Part of the tour is outdoors and part of it is indoors, so pack sunscreen if touring in the warm months. Make sure you have eaten before you go. Make sure to take water bottles because they do not stop for anyone, and you cannot return to the main entrance without them radio-ing for an escort. This is because the tour takes you quite far away from the entrance and into tunnels here and there. There is a small snack shop / restaurant near the entrance. It is an experience that is great as a day trip.

2  Thank LetsPack!
"worth the trip"
in 19 reviews
"unique experience"

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went here on a whim at the suggestion of my college-aged son and it was well-worth it. Probably best to visit either early in the day when it first opens or wait until November through April if you don't enjoy the heat. That being said, the tour was both educational and entertaining. Our tour guide, Ren, was terrific and informative. By the way, the sound of the wave generator sounds nothing like humpback whales or dinosaurs (this comment will make sense if you take the tour). If you decide to brave the heat, the B2 Cafe closes at 3:00 pm so make sure you have water before and after the tour available. Persons with moderate to severe physical impairments might find this tour quite challenging. You definitely should wear sensible walking shoes. This is a must-see if you are ecologically-minded in any way, shape or form.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

During a trip to Arizona, this was one of my favorite stops. I never knew it existed until I was exploring and happened to read about it. I enjoyed exploring the various ecosystems. It is unfortunate that they were not able to continue this experiment because I believe it would be worthwhile. Great place for children, but try to come when it is cooler. I was here in July and it was a mere 106 degrees!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

It was very hot the day I went (108). The walk is daunting but I really enjoyed it and would do it again just not while it's in the 3 digits! There are several sections in the Biosphere like the ocean, desert and rain forest. I was a little disappointed that we didn't walk through the rain forest but I think the bamboo has taken over. I really did enjoy it and the guide we had was fantastic. I'm sorry I can't remember her name.

1  Thank kem12