“Disappointed”

Biosphere 2
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Oracle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visitors can observe nature in a controlled state at this world-famous steel and glass research center where desert, forest, ocean and other ecosystems are monitored and studied.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

YWe had looked forward to seeing the biosphere as we remembered all the press around the original .
We also thought we would learn about the future of our planet and the environmental impact we are having.
Instead we had a docent we could not understand and a place that I would definitely not support financially.
This is a place I would NOT recommend to anyone !

3  Thank johnwmoore
in 28 reviews
"answer questions"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was surprised a previous reviewer said the price was high for this tour. Twenty dollars (18 for seniors) is pretty reasonable for such a unique attraction. Obviously having an interest in the eco sciences make the Biosphere2 more interesting. The tour guide we had was very knowledgeable and easily answered all our questions. It's definitely and adult oriented tour. By that I mean I wouldn't bring young children here. I think for the most part they would be bored.

2  Thank capecodollie
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Built within a beautiful desert background, Biosphere 2 is unique in the US and the world. It's well worth the time and price to see. It may seem a little pricey but use your Tucson Passport to get in for 1/2 price. Full price is $20 per adult. We learned so much about why this was built, the research that's still ongoing and how it all came to be. Definitely take the guided tour. It last about 1 1/2 hours and the guides are knowledgeable and helpful. Extremely interesting story regarding the evolution of this facility.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This tour is supposedly 1 hr 15min but it took two hours. It was a very slow tour. The tour group was large and it took time for everyone to move around to the tour stops. I did not find this tour to be interesting other than the "lung". I would only suggest this tour if you have a strong interest in earth and plant science. If you're expecting cool scenery... Don't. It's not as nice as some indoor botanical gardens I've been to. You're there to learn about the study of plants.

After buying your tickets at the visitor center, you walk about 5 min to where the tour starts. There are some outdated exhibits to look at along the way. You then watch a movie at the tour start time and then take the guided walking tour. From the start of the movie to the end of the walking tour took 2 hrs.