“Nice Nogales Find”

Frida's Inn Bed and Breakfast Inn
Frida's Inn Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Nogales B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2010

While planning a relaxing weekend in the Nogales area recently, we stumbled on Frida's Bed & Breakfast. We were looking for someplace relatively close to the border and to the Sonoita area wine country - and this fit the bill perfectly. Frida's is located on Morley Avenue, in a residential section of Nogales' original business district, about a mile or so from the international line. The house is a classic, well appointed 1920's era bungalow in very nice condition with well kept grounds. We stayed in the upstairs room of what had originally been the carport. The room was well furnished with its own bathroom and kitchen and very private. One of our all-time favorite restaurants, La Roca, is just across the border, straight down Morley - an easy 20 minute walk - which is good for the return hike after a full meal & a few margies. Even though the house fronts Morley, the railroad tracks and Grand Avenue, it still seemed relatively calm and quiet - the only trains we saw or heard were during the day, and then only one or two. Sitting on the front porch, having coffee in the morning or an adult beverage in the evening was more than pleasant. A ballpark just around the corner affords the ability to catch some baseball as well, if so inclined. There's a lot of history in the border region of Nogales and wandering around, catching the sights is easy to do from Frida's. Addtionally, Sonoita is only 30 miles or so away, and one of the most beautiful drives in Southern Arizona - the wine ain't bad either!
All in all, we would definitely recommend Frida's. It's a nice place, reasonably priced and well located. We will be going back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank westernflyer
There are newer reviews for Frida's Inn Bed and Breakfast Inn
Reviewed February 20, 2008

I was sceptical about staying at a Nogales hotel and I researched a lot of sites to make sure that I was getting the best deal and best location. I must say that I hit the jackpot with Frida's. What I enjoyed the most was the comfortable setting and the privacy that was offered by Esther the Inn Keeper.

Esther is so proud of her Inn and she shows it by the way that the rooms and all the little decorations are kept up. My stay was truly memorable and I hope to be back to Frida's soon.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank LovelySue
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I have stayed at other places in Nogales, AZ and this is truly the best place with the best rooms. I travel a lot for my work and have enjoyed the two times that I have stayed here. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to the Nogales area.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank HisTravel
Reviewed November 6, 2005

The ambiance of this historic home and the friendliness of the innkeepers makes this a must visit. Having visited Nogales many times, I was skeptical in believing that Nogales had a luxury bed and breakfast inn. I took the leap and decided to stay there. I was so impressed with what I saw. First, the friendly owner Esther who showed me my room and made me feel right at home greeted me. I was then given my keys and from that point on, I was in total relaxation.

The room, Don Diego, had hardwood floors and was very tastefully decorated. One feature that I was impressed with was the complimentary in-room refreshment center. In it, they had crackers, cheese, tune, soda, juice, chips, peanuts, fruit, candy, yogurt, and other snacks. The best part about it; it was complimentary.

The private bath was also nicely kept. It had a roomy shower/tub. The walls and floor were made of ceramic tile. It looked like whoever placed the tile must have taken forever. Esther told me that the tile work was all original and that it had not been disturbed during the remodel. It looked nice.

The common living room was very friendly. It featured very inviting comfortable sofas and chairs. The setting was just right for reading and relaxing.

The study had a computer with Internet access for guests, but I enjoyed sitting in the sitting room watching an HBO movie. It was quiet and cozy.

I also spent some time outside. The gardens were very soothing. I sat on the porch watching cars pass by as I listened to the gentle flow of the water fountain.

All in all, it was a great stay and I am surely going back!

2  Thank Wendy C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
Quality Hotel Americana Nogales
El Dorado Inn
#6 of 9 in Nogales
Holiday Inn Express Nogales
Fairfield Inn & Suites Nogales

Been to Frida's Inn Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!