Hacienda Corona de Guevavi
HIExpress.com
$86
$56
  • Pool
El Dorado Inn(Nogales)(Great Value!)
$57
$40
$62
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsla patronajohn waynewonderful hostsgreat historythe perfect spotother guestsranchnisahorsesstoriesgemcasitasecretarizonapropertyweddingaccommodations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is an amazing bed and breakfast in so many ways! The hacienda itself is a masterpiece, with stunning historic murals, several courtyards, fountains, pool, and even a mini cantina! The decor is superb, including an eclectic mix of styles such as Mexican antiques alongside modern chandeliers. Situated on a low hill, there is a gorgeous view of the mountains and valley. Wendy, the owner, is a charming and warm hostess who whips up fabulous breakfasts and tells riveting stories. I have stayed here twice and plan to go back again next year, and maybe sooner, if I can!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank k-wren1
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a lovely two-day stay at this marvelous southern Arizona B&B, the Hacienda Corona de Guevavi. Our visit was delightful in every way. Wendy, our hostess, is not only charming and great fun, but also a wonderful chef. The breakfasts are delish! We drove down to experience birding in Southern Arizona and came away with wonderful photos of the wildlife there. We stayed in the Out of Africa room and enjoyed the decor and ambiance. In the evening, you can join Wendy for a glass of wine (or soda) and some nibbles. I think that was our favorite time. But I don't know . . . the breakfasts might have been my favorite part. Hmmm . . . no, it was the gardens. You get the point. Highest recommendations.

Room Tip: John Wayne used to stay in the Duke room. Great spot with a door right onto the patio,
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katierey
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Five years out of the past seven, we have celebrated our anniversary here. Only uncontrollable circumstances kept us away the other two years. If you yearn for the old west, where cattle were king and horses worked for their feed every day, this place is where you want to be. John Wayne roamed the halls of this ranch, when the film "Red River" was in production. But that was then, and today, Wendy Stover offers all of the history of the region along with the gracious hospitality that results in the "5-star" ratings given by virtually every guest who has bothered to write a review. Trip Advisor calls the Hacienda Corona de Guevavi "number 1 of 3 B&Bs in Nogales." What it actually is: the most authentic taste you could hope for of the authentic old west not long from when the Gadsden Purchase added this land to the United States in 1856. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: The "John Wayne Suite" is a hoot, but all the rooms are lovely and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wiley C
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights celebrating our wedding anniversary. We have stayed at many B&B's this place is far and above any of them. The owner and hostess Wendy is wonderful and gracious. We stayed in the La Patrona suite it has a comfy king bed and large fireplace. The bathroom was my favorite, it is huge and beautiful. We had a lovely patio right outside our suite. This suite is for romance! The property is gorgeous with spectacular views. Wendy served amazing breakfasts but I think our favorite was a little get together with her at 5:30 pm each night she served appetizers and wine, it was lovely, just like her. We will be back, it was a little cool last week so didn't get to enjoy the pool. When we come back it will be in July or August. We also went into town of Nogales AZ and walked across the bordor into Nogales Mexico and had a great time. Very fun; we had lunch downtown and had the best enchiladas and margaritas. If you go please don't hesitate to walk across the border into Mexico we felt very safe and the Mexican people were very warm and welcoming. I'm also included in some pics and I will try to post a video.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoyIndiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staying here is like being the welcome guest of a wealthy rancher in Old Arizona. The sprawling ranch house and out buildings are furnished with taste and character. The hostess is gracious and generous. I stayed with my mother in the Duke room, which has a separate sleeping area with fold-out couch. But we hardly spent any time in the room. Instead, we relaxed in front of a fire in the living room while sipping wine and chatting with our hostess. The ranch is an ideal location for a retreat, destination wedding or other event. There are wonderful things to do in the area - if you can tear yourself away from the ranch.

Room Tip: La Patrona is an incredibly elegant and romantic room for a couple. But every room is nice and guests have their choice of several seating areas indoors and out - sit by the fire; bask in the sun by the pool; gaze out over the valley from one of the patios.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family