“An oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nogales
Hacienda Corona de Guevavi
Ranked #1 of 3 Nogales B&B and Inns
Portland, OR
“An oasis”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here on a long road trip, and totally loved the experience. The property is magical, and the host (Wendy) went out of her way to make sure my visit was enjoyable, even accomodating a special dietary request for breakfast.

I loved wandering the property, and waking up in the morning to the sound of so many kinds of birds was amazing. I wish I could have spent longer here; it is such a restful place, and there are all kinds of corners in which to park with a book, or take a nap, or just sit and enjoy the desert.

I'll be back when I'm in the area

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mickle229
, Owner at Hacienda Corona de Guevavi, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thanks for the great review and especially for the beautiful pictures. We'll be looking forward to that return trip!

Wendy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We did not know much about the Hacienda when we arrived. We had received a gift certificate to go there and did not have much information about the ranch. Boy were we in for a surprise! The accommodations were outstanding. My husband and I slept so well in the La Patrona room. Wendy Stover, the owner, was so hospitable and friendly- we felt right at home. And the next morning, we had a delicious breakfast that would put any other hotel's breakfast bar to shame! We are telling all our friends and family about this wonderful place.

We will surely visit again!
-The Shaws

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Heather S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My husband and I just got married at the Hacienda, and it couldn't have been a better experience. We don't live in Arizona now, and planned everything (almost) site unseen- local family members did pay a visit for us. I have to admit I was nervous arriving at the Hacienda for the first time- only a couple days before the wedding- but it was exactly what I was looking for- authentic, original, luxurious and Nisa and Wendy could not have been easier or nicer to work with- they have a beautiful architectural gem of a property that they have obviously poured their heart into.
It was wonderful to have our wedding here, and be able to stay and have some of our guests stay- everyone loved the rooms and the surroundings. Everything from the wedding, to the gourmet brunch the following day (and even Nisa finding toys for my nephews to play with) were fabulous and done with a level of care you don't often see.
If you are planning an event in Southeastern Arizona, or just looking for somewhere to escape to- I highly recommend this off-the-beaten-path gem- I am already trying to figure out when we can go back.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own personality but La Patrona is well worth any extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Maria G
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed August 22, 2011

You will not be disappointed....well worth going over my lodging per diem for the week. I will return with my family for a true getaway vacation. Thank you Wendy...you made my week.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Mike E
Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at Hacienda Corona de Guevavi during a road trip vacation in Arizona, and it was such a cool experience. The rooms are beautiful and well kept, very unique in decor. The Hacienda is authentic and the stories of it's history were told to us by the inn's owner and daughter over wine and cheese. It's perched up on a hill with views of the valley, surrounded by gardens. We had an absolutely delicious breakfast, spanish style eggs and homemade breads in the warm and friendly kitchen. We will definately be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tracy b
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Anyone looking for the real Arizona - away from the strip malls and chain restaurants - should consider staying at the Hacienda Corona. It has both class and comfort and is excellent in every way: the food, the decor, the towels and bedding, the ambience, the desert views, the hospitality. The cocktail hour was the best. It renewed our faith in the possibility of luxury in a home away from home. The three generations of women in charge ministered to our every need, became our friends, and left us in peace when we needed it. It was stunning!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kdgerber
Kansas City
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Staying at the Hacienda was just an amazing experience!! It is an historic hacienda, built in the 1930s. The restoration is unbelieveable. If you go, be sure to look through the album of Before and After photos! This place has SO much authentic atmosphere. It is very classy and beautiful. We got to see all of the rooms and each one is unique and lovely. There are large public rooms and a wrap-around veranda for relaxing outside and enjoying the desert vistas. Wendy, the owner, is a gracious, professional host and she is full of helpful and interesting information. We went over the border for an elegant meal at La Roca. We also took lots of scenic drives in the area. The border issues are overstated and we felt completely safe during our entire stay. The Hacienda is a perfect getaway from the cares of the world!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bkriehl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Nogales
Candlewood Suites Nogales
Quality Hotel Americana Nogales
El Dorado Inn
El Dorado Inn
#6 of 9 in Nogales
Spirit Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hacienda Corona de Guevavi? Share your experiences!