“Nice Italian restaurant on the Mexican border”

Bella Mia Ristorante
Ranked #41 of 68 Restaurants in Nogales
Cuisines: Italian
Wayland, Massachusetts
“Nice Italian restaurant on the Mexican border”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

There were a wide variety of menu selections. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. There is also an extensive and reasonably priced menu for Senior Citizens.

Visited May 2014

ABQ NM
“Great place”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This was our 4th time here and the food and service were fantastic! The chicken Parmesan with vegetables grilled to perfection and a side of fettucini Alfredo was a score. The service was fun and friendly. This is a spot we will continue to hit! Thanks for a great dinner.

Visited April 2014
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I used a Restaurant.com certificate there for my meal, where I had the Calamari, and my wife had the spaghetti with meat sauce.
The Calamari were not nearly as good as what we'd had both in Athens, Greece and Cape Town, South Africa. Just OK
the spaghetti was only OK too.
The surprise was on the bill, when they automatically added an 18% tip, thus depriving the waitress of the additional 2% I would have given. Also the bill was the hardest to understand I've ever experienced, the way the items were presented.

Visited March 2014
Tucson
“Check your receipt”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

It's a cute place, unexpected in an area where Mexican food is king. They have a pretty typical menu for an Italian place. For the most part the food was good, the presentation of the sauteed spinach was about as good as an open diaper, but the taste was fine. I would have been a bigger fan if not for a problem with the server. We went on a Restaurant.com deal and unknown to me they automatically add an 18% tip. When I signed my charge receipt at the register I told her that in addition to the small charge tip there was also a cash tip on the table. I thought the bill was higher than it should be and asked for a copy of the receipt and noticed she was acting strange and very reluctant to give it to me. When I got home and looked it over I saw why, she had an 18% tip added into the bill and another 22% tip based on the balance that included the first tip and said nothing. After that experience I'm not sure I'll go back, I don't like having to worry about being taken advantage of, but if I do and we get the same waitress we won't be tipping. It would be the first time in my life, but I am that offended by her lack of honesty.

• Visited November 2013
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Lots of Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food in this restaurant is very good, and there is a lot of it! I was surprised that an Italian restaurant could be so good this close to Mexico. Beware, the sauce is a little spicy. The staff is very friendly and their house red wine is excellent. If you are in Nogales, USA, this is a must stop for lunch or dinner. They are in a small shopping center, so be careful that you don't miss it!

• Visited June 2013