“Good, clean rooms. Terrible Internet.”

Candlewood Suites Nogales
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Nogales
Newton, Massachusetts
“Good, clean rooms. Terrible Internet.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler, I depend on connectivity to keep productive. Hotels that advertise high speed Internet should actually provide high speed Internet. This Candlewood Suites is an otherwise very good hotel -- large, clean rooms, friendly staff, comfortable enough bed, kitchens, good shower water pressure. But the "high speed" wifi they offered never exceeded 0.4 MB/sec. That's far too slow to support Skype video teleconferencing. Too slow to even watch YouTube without multiple, lengthy delays. It's ridiculous! I will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nogales, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear SoCal_Roadtripper,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is nice to know that our rooms suited your expectations. However, I truly regret that your stay was negatively affected by the Internet connection. We will consider your comments for upgrades needed in what we can offer.

Again, we appreciate your candid review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days for business. Location is near highways, very practical. Suite was very clean and having a full kitchen was very helpful for someone working very early hours like me.
There is a gas station just across the hotel and a Carl Jr. fast food place.
I would recommend it to business travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank miatraveling
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I do not like travelling to Nogales, namely due to the accomodations my company provides. A new motel was on the list and I decided to give it a try, couldn't be worse than last time. On arrival I was pleasantly surprised that it looked newer, three story and very clean. Check in was quick and pleasant.
AND THE ROOM: Huge, full size fridge, electric range, micro, complimentary popcorn, dishwasher, toaster, iron w/board, huge bed with choice of pillows, great work desk, nice chairs. EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN. DVD player, flatscreen, great wi-fi. Fitness room that is actually useful.
One con, the a/c was a little loud. I can live with that compared to my last visit.
If you come to Nogales, you definitely need to check this place out. Especially if it is an extended visit.

Room Tip: I clicked on pool and could not unselect it. I did not see a pool. They do have a BBQ grill that w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in early February 2013. We basically needed a cheap and clean hotel close to the border. The room "appeared" to be clean except for the unemptied trashcan in the bathroom. Of course this made me tripple check the sheets and sanitize the toilet before use. The room was quiet large and the kitchenette was more than adequate. The staff was also very friendly. The rest of the hotel seemed clean and fairly new. There is a Carl's Jr. that's located a few hundred feet from the hotel. I would stay here again considering the other choices in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mellyg86
Rio Rico, Arizona
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was a good experience. I love the towels!!!
They did not clean the room everyday, but we did not care, we stayed only two days.
The only problem we had it was with the AC. Sometimes it was so cold, and later sooooo hot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank movingtoaz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nogales, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear movingtoaz ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The suites are set up more for long term occupancy than just a one night travel stop, but it is convenient to the main highways through Nogales and the border to Mexico. It has no charm, but is clean and very roomy. It would be a great place to stay with children or for business if you were in the area. I loved the fact that they had a free "DIY" laundry combined with an exercise room. You could do your laundry while working out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spent one night here in Nogales for business. This was a very nice hotel, doesn't look all too exciting from the outside but inside it was very nice and clean. Has a business center as well, and there are lots of options on the tv as well. The bed itself was nice and clean and very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again next time I would be in Nogales.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Nogales
El Dorado Inn
El Dorado Inn
#6 of 9 in Nogales

Been to Candlewood Suites Nogales? Share your experiences!