“Average Room, Great Staff”
Review of Motel in the Pines

Motel in the Pines
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Munds Park
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I with our toddler son stayed here for one night when driving from the Grand Canyon to Phoenix. When arriving at 10 pm it was somewhat difficult to find but during the day it certainly isn't as difficult. I was tired after several hours of driving but the gentleman at the check in desk was very welcoming. Our room was basic but clean, which is exactly what I was looking for for an affordable one night stay. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows in contrast to other budget hotels we'd stayed in previously. This is certainly a hotel I would recommend staying at if you're find with clean but basic accommodations and would rather spend your money doing things than sleeping somewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Pieperjm

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Room was nice a little old and dated but clean and comfortable. The hotel's location was just off the freeway and it was very quiet and country feeling. Owners were very accommodating and helpful they were ready for us when we arrived. It's not a five-star hotel but it is a very good place to spend the night on the road.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry_Rita
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This little motel was perfect for our little family of four. It had everything we needed for a quick unplanned get away. The staff was so nice. It was 25 degrees outside, yet we we snug as a bug in our rooms! We would totally stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor...It was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Amy E
Reviewed October 22, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Leo S
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The structure is your basic two story motel from 20-30 years ago, but with only about 14 rooms. The upper story rooms do not have a patio behind, like the ground floor rooms. Furnishing are basic. The room was clean and smoke free (as I requested). Bed slept very comfortably. A hair dryer is furnished, but in my room there was no refrigerator or coffee maker. The office has coffee each morning and is only a few steps away. The new owners are friendly, competent, and anxious to please. There is a nice restaurant across the street. I don't think there is a pool or fitness center, but there are golf and hiking nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank OldFlute
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wouldn't recomend this one!My room had obviously never been cleaned.There was a dried up piece of dental floss stuck to the bathroom floor along with a dirty used washcloth on top of the dirt splotched shower curtain.The refrigerator was never cleaned either with food stains in it and a rack hanging off the door with a nail sticking out of it.The microwave was covered in grease and the coffeepot was scary looking and didn't even have any filters to brew the coffee.The guest service book was falling apart and the carpet in the room was sticky when you walked on it.The bathroom towels were stiff and the room stunk of animal and cigarette smoke.They were ripping up the carpet outside the rooms in the walkway in the morning when we got up and could barely get out of our room,I guess you really do get what you pay for!I paid for 2 nights but checked out a day early because it grossed me out,and i'm an avid camper who doesn't get grossed out so easily but this place was disturbing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mindy A
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We found this place online and decided to stay here for the evening because I had a musical gig about a mile away at the farmer's market across the interstate the next morning. We couldn't have asked for a better location and a great host. The first room we had reserved reeked of cigarette smoke. For a minute, I forgot that most places do not allow smoking indoors anymore and thought that this place was some kind of exception. I was kindly reminded of the above when I went back to the manager and requested a non smoking room. I was also told that people smoke on the back patios and that the smoke wafts into the room. I was called a few minutes later in the room before we got a chance to settle in. It was the manager telling me that he had another room available if we wanted to see it. I jumped at the chance and was glad I did. The room smelled musty but nothing compared to what we left. It was very clean and had a nice back patio overlooking the ascending wooded hilltop in the back of the motel. The king size bed could easily fit three and was very comfortable. The bed, dresser and flat screen TV looked new while the other furnishings including the carpeting looked dated and could stand to be upgraded. The surrounding neighborhood and golf course was very nice. The manager told us that Mormon Lake and hiking trails were only a quarter of a mile away from the motel. We hiked around the immediate area with our 10 yr old daughter who was smitten with horses in some of the surrounding lots. I would definitely stay here again if I have an occasion to come to Munds Park.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
#13 of 49 in Sedona
GreenTree Inn Sedona
GreenTree Inn Sedona
#23 of 49 in Sedona

Been to Motel in the Pines? Share your experiences!