“Not a bad experience!”
Review of Cabins and Cookies

Cabins and Cookies
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Mount Lemmon
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have been to the Cookie Cabin on Mt Lemmon in Summerhaven 4 times since I moved to Tucson last year. I have never once had a bad experience! I have read the negative reviews on here and I get worried everytime we go up but the employees there have been nothing but nice and welcoming every time. We went last week and I was a little concerned as my four year old autistic son began to get a little loud inside the cabin because he didn't want to eat but no one said anything to us. They in fact came by the table and made small talk. The pizza is really good, the cookies are too! When it's cold the hot chocolate is amazing!! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Yes there are signs about loud children and barking dogs, but wouldn't you mind those rules at any restaurant? And yes, it's a little pricey but what would you expect being at the top of a mountain? There isn't much else up there, they have to make their money to stay open ;) We will go back anytime we're up there!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I went up to Mt Lemon yesterday, The top of the mountain is completely burnt down and ugly, we stopped in to Cabins and Cookies for a cookie and some hot chocolate the bill was $20, way overpriced. Check out my blogspot for the real Tucson and Mt lemon,
tucsonazsucks.blogspot.com

2  Thank Eric S
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stopped in here for a cookie and a hot cocoa after hiking. The cookie was great ( get one and split it). I kinda thought for the price I would get more for my drink dollar then something poured from a Nestle dispenser with Reddi-Whip on top but hey it was a sunny day and there was good entertainment on the patio - a multi generational family trying sooooo hard to get along!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

First off, there are a lot of signs around that make it appear to be a bit over the top as far as rules. However, I think that many of the signs are in jest. I mean how can they be serious when signs say things like: I'll have a Cafe Mocha Vodka Xanax Latte to go, please. Or maybe Unattended children will be given espresso and a free puppy. Ha! The cabin is adorable, the staff is friendly and the cookies are outrageous.....and delicious. It's a "can't miss" when you're on Mount Lemmon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

the Cookie Cabin is a very small log cabin with a smaller deck and outdoor seating under the trees just off the main road through Summerhaven. It is the only place you can sit down to eat with your puppies in tow. As a result, the outdoor seating ( metal mesh and conventional picnic tables) is filled with man and man's best friend. Probably why they have the sign re barking dogs, because if they all went off at once it would sound like a wolf pack. the seating was pleasant, but the service was very very slow. This popular place is simply too small , and understaffed to handle any kind of volume. and pizza, which takes awhile, slows down theq process even more. So you stand in line, and stand in line, and stand in line some more to place your order for the few-- but good-- things they have: Chili with a mile high pile of onions, pizza, giant cookies ( with or without ice cream) and the newest edition, cobbler. No vegetables, salads or alcohol to be had. they do bring your pizza out for you ( so you dont have to go back up the stairs to get it) . plates and condiments are on a cart in the seating area..help yourselves. we were ravenous by the time we got our pizza...layers of molten cheese are hot !!, OWWW! but left full, with cookie and pizza to take home. the cobbler was good also and would be great in cold weather. proprietors could make more moola by perhaps taking orders outside the counter area, and perhaps expand pizza making area to serve all the hungry hikers and tourists who have moola to hand over.