Tripadvisor
Apia
1,486 results
All reviews private beach bedroom villa the general manager relaxing holiday room service ocean view great facilities buffet breakfast staff were amazing thoroughly enjoyed our stay fia fia night close to town nathan pools kayaking abraham catamaran
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020

Second time here Summer 2018(3 days) and last XMas 2019 (2 wks) :) ... Perfect Hotel for a family vacation as it is close to town and has easy access mostly to everything you would enjoy on a vacation. The atmosphere is amazing as the workers are super friendly and very helpful. Compliments of the Kayaks, Snorkel gears are my favorites things to do in the evening. The Gym is just a blessing to get up in the morning and do a little workout and right in front of the poor. Grateful how they give out daily schedule with each day activity and nights entertainment are super fun and relaxing. Enjoyed daily breakfast especially Sundays To'anai ...Super fast WIFI and other complementary are pretty much worth your time and money ...

I will definitely see you again this summer ...

Wena

2  Thank Dream08768318638
Taumeasina, General Manager at Taumeasina Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Talofa Lava Dream08768318638

Thank you for your beautiful review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to take advantage of all that we had to offer here at Taumeasina Island Resort

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Stayed 3 nights at Taumeasina. It was an awesome experience. However just a few minor issues. They had a special at the restaurant buy 1 pizza to eat in and 1 free to take away. I forgot to take it when I left the restaurant. I thought they would at least deliver it to my room as the pizza was at reception for me to pick up before I leave. However did not receive a phone call to remind me abt my free pizza. I also forgot to pick up my umu box at reception wen checked out. I did not get a reminder to pick up umu box as a note on my file would have been nice to remind them when I chk out to pick up my umu box.

Date of stay: January 2020

Talofa Lava kasiata2020

Thank you for spending the time to review your stay with us

I feel like i have responded to your comments about the pizza and umu box, through email, so I wont respond again here. Thank you for spending the time to review your stay with us, and we cant wait to welcome you back again next time

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I highly recommend Taumesina for your place to stay when in Samoa.
Management and staff are great and friendly. There’s great entertainment and food is amazing. They always welcome you with a big smile. Awesome work Taumesina Resort!

Room tip: Hairdryer not working probably.
Date of stay: January 2020

Talofa Lava myra276

Thank you for spending the time to review your stay with us

We are very glad that you enjoyed your time with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Our stay once again was brilliant. No complaints from us. Huge thank you for your continued excellent service and facilities provided during our stay with you. We definitely will be back sometime this year God willing.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Taumeasina, General Manager at Taumeasina Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Talofa Lava Elizabeth Tuala

Thank you for coming back again to stay with us here at Taumeasina Island Resort

We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourself, and we look forward to welcoming you back again later on in the year

Alofas and Warmest Regards

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Stayed here before New Years for a few days for a family wedding.

The hotel has good bones, but it can really take off if it invests in the customer service experience. Lina and MIchael at Front Desk and Saoloto - waitering staff are our picks for stand out service. It is clear why they are at front of house, but - the bar staff - oh my goodness... There are so many of them but they rely on this one barman to make all the specialised drinks eg sangrias, cocktails etc... Cindy of Samoa is the saving grace for the bar area, dont lose her!

After Taumeasina, we stayed at two other hotels outside of Apia and wow - there was no comparison. I know Taumeasina is fairly new, but service done well will always win.

Lastly, you need a Plan B for weddings and events. The wedding spot at the hotel is beautiful, but it rained and all the bridal party and guests were soaked.

All the best to Mr Bucknall and the staff, Faafetai Lava...

Room tip: The setup is t/house style - two storey. I recommend bottom level and in blocks 4 and higher, if you want to be close to main areas.
1  Thank salz76

Talofa salz76

Thank you for your kind greetings.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your time with us, and noted, on your comments. Agreed on your standouts

In regards to the wedding, we have plan b and often plan C - ballroom which was not being used, was ready to be set for the wedding. Unfortunately at the end of the day, we don't make the call on whether to bring it in or not, but we only advise. I was with the wedding party getting soaked, so I know what you mean

We hope to welcome you back again soon