Le Alaimoana Hotel
Insel Fehmarn Hotel(Apia)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Samoan Outrigger Hotel(Apia)(Great Value!)
$53
$128
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$386
$300
Samoa Tradition Resort(Apia)(Great Value!)
$70
$55
$177
$164
Priceline
  • Pool
Dave Parker Eco Lodge(Apia)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrecommend lemarine reserveair conditionedsmall feevisited samoacomplimentary breakfastsamoan stylebusiness tripgreat place to staylovely staffmaramicrowavetvaustraliaprivacysupermarkettaxis
Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel was not only located perfectly for those both on business and holidaying in Samoa but it provided everything you could hope for in a home away from home. The staff were lovely, friendly and accommodating; they were eager to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel had the charm of a small, family run business as well as all the benefits (wireless Internet, airconditioning, cleanliness, swimming pool, restaurant) of a larger hotel.
I felt I was able to experience Samoan culture through the art both in the rooms and the resteraunt, the food and the people at this hotel without giving up any of my home comforts. The garden is beautiful and tropical and relaxing in the sun by the pool was always a very tempting option even though I was travelling in September. The restaurant provided both Samoan style and western style food so provided for everyone.
During my stay I was giving very good advice on things to see all over Samoa (the best beaches, shopping locations and waterfalls etc) and the hotel had its own, new, air-conditioned van for transportation. The rooms were a good size and had a television and microwave as well as a bathroom that was new and very clean. As the cleanliness of a bathroom in a hotel is a big thing for me when travelling I was very happy with this. Our rooms were cleaned daily and the bed was very large and comfortable.
All in all a wonderful stay. The owner even threw a cocktail party that was held at Robert Louie Stevenson's house for her birthday and invited all the guests to join the celebrations, a great chance to meet some locals. I recomend this hotel to all travellers and I will definitely be back next time I visit Samoa!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I changed hotels from the Hotel Insel Fehmarn to here via a local recommendation. Good move. This is a newer, nicer hotel that is well run, with a clean pool and slightly less price. The rooms are large, with comfortable beds, a/c and ceiling fan. This small hotel’s restaurant has some great food (some of the best fish plates I have eaten in Apia) and cold beer. The hotel’s wonderful receptionist, Aneva, will help you with setting up your stay in Samoa if you ask. I could have saved serious $$$ if I would have let them do my car booking instead of using the internet and Budget (not recommended). The location is not on the water and it is a small walk to the harbor, but besides that, this is the place I will return to and the place to stay if you want comfort and care in Apia.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Taineblue, Owner at Le Alaimoana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Talofa fdoAmerica, and thank you for taking the time to give feedback about Le Alaimoana Hotel.

I am so glad you mentioned our restaurant and our fish dishes. We do try to give our guests the best and freshest, particularly our 'OKA' (raw fish marinated in lime and fresh coconut), I hope you tried some when you were with us.

Its always great to hear from happy guests, and happier to see you return - Faafetai!

Reviewed April 2, 2010

Very happy to recommend this hotel based on our experience. It is exceptionally clean, (close to Apia town - 10 min walk to town or couple minutes by car). It is located on the main road so public transport is very frequent including a taxi stand across the road. While it is on the main road, the hotel is very quiet and you hear very little noise from the traffic. The Le Alaimoana can cater to the single traveller through to large groups. Security is not a problem as there is a night watchman on duty every night from 5pm. The staff were very friendly and helpful and were able to assist with arranging a good priced and reliable rental car. Wireless internet is available but is not free. Meals are good and very well priced. The hotel is located a couple of minutes walk from Apia park and our children were able to spend time kicking a ball around while we walked off the meals on the stadium track. A petrol station is located next door, with shops across the road (including a dvd store)- I could go on and on!!!

Only downfall I would say would be the pool- not that big - but if you want somewhere just to sit in and cool down then its ideal.

We had been to two other pacific countries before arriving in Samoa so living out of suitcases for approximately 3 weeks was a concern for us given that the kids were pretty much "all holidayed out". We are happy to say they did enjoy the Le Alaimoana. We'd spent one night at another location (which we were not happy with) and by coincidence we found the Le Alaimoana and never looked back. Spent a few days in Savaii and returned to the Le Alaimoana on our final week.

If you're looking for a quiet location, a hotel that doesn't burn the pocket and that is very clear, staff that are extremely helpful you simply can't go wrong with the Le Alaimoana. We will certainly be returning to stay on our next trip to Samoa.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NZedKiwi

Talofa NZedKiwi, and although it was some time back when you stayed with us, its always reinforcing to re-read reviews by guests that stayed with us and had a good time with us. We are happy when our guests are happy!

We hope to see you and your lovely family in Samoa for another break, and I hope you will stay with us again.

Faafetai Lava!

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Spent two nights at this hotel while visiting family and business. Great location close to Apia central. Our room was spacious and the hotel staff were very friendly. Nice pool and eating area. Would highly recommend this hotel for a city or business trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Talofa PBDstar, thank you for taking the time to post feedback about Le Alaimoana Hotel. I hope all is well with you and should you ever come back to Samoa you will stay with us again.
Faafetai,

Reviewed March 14, 2010

I have traveled a number of times to Samoa over the years- and have tried many different "hotels" in Apia. Most of which I wouldn't bother staying at again - especially for the amount of money I had parted with. My last choice had the most dubious characters walking through the hotel at bizarre hours of the morning - which, as an often lone female traveller is a concern. Alamoana hotel was pleasant - clean, cozy and importantly secure. The wireless internet was an added bonus! Definitely more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank alamo36

Talofa alamo36, and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Le Alaimoana Hotel. Yes we are glad that you find our property safe and secure, as it is important for our guests to feel that way.
I hope you travel our way again and always look forward to seeing old friends and guests.

Faafetai,