“Worth every dollar and more...”
Review of Le Alaimoana Hotel

Le Alaimoana Hotel
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I would recommend Le Alaimoana Hotel to anyone who is looking to save a little yet receive a culture-wrapped luxurious experience only 5 minutes walk from town. I stayed there with my partner and 10 month old son and we could not find fault in the service or hospitality. breakfast's are second to non and the dinner menu is a fine reflection of pasefika cuisine. Le Alaimoana is that perfect place you'd want to return to when you've had an action packed day of sun, surf and sight seeing. We would definately return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chris T
Taineblue, Owner at Le Alaimoana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Talofa Chris T,
I'm glad you and your family had a good time with us, and enjoyed Samoa. Thank you for taking the time to respond about us. Its always good to know that we are meeting the needs of our guests and that our staff is helpful and friendly.
Yes we are currently using options of Samoan cooking in our menu so your feedback is helpful - we can't have you leave our shores without tasking taro and palusami, or our fresh Oka. Smoked fish and chicken we have also introduced recently so I hope you did try some when you ere here.
Till you next return,
Alofa from all at Le Alaimoana hotel!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great staff. Clean reasonably spacious rooms. You can walk most places form here. Or get a cheap taxi just down the road. Yummy evening meals provided if you want to stay in. Breakfast is ordinary but sufficient. Good to have internet- but it is expensive. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary C
Taineblue, Owner at Le Alaimoana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Talofa Heidi9575,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for Le Alaimoana. We really appreciate it.

We are pleased that you were comfortable staying with us, and that you enjoyed the small gestures that we extend to our guests!
I will pass on your comments to our staff, it will give them a buzz tomorrow.

Yes my tomato relish has been a big hit in the kitchen, will try some other recipes soon.

Faafetai tele for your feedback,

Alofa atu,

Mara Hunter
Owner

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Le Alaimoana Hotel provided friendly and comfortable motel-type accommodation in Apia.
Located at an easy walk to the harbour and shops it was an air conditioned retreat at the end of the day. Breakfast included in the rate and the availability of dinner made this accommodation a convenient, no fuss place to stay.

Dorfor

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dorfor

Talofa Dofor, Thanks for the positive response about Le Alaimoana Hotel. I hope your trip was fruitful business wise and that you will look us up next time you travel to our shores.
from Sunny Samoa,
Mara

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a basic hotel at best. But compared to others in Apia it isn't too bad. I was going to give this hotel only a 3 star rating, but the helpful and friendly staff convinced me to give it 4 stars.
The rooms are basic, but clean, however I found them a bit noisy. My room was across the patio from the reception, and with Apia having so many flights that leave / arrive during night hours, I found myself woken by the noise of people checking in at all hours.
The staff were superb. We checked in at 3am and believe it or not we felt like a beer so the staff opened the bar for us. We wouldn't see this happen in too many places!
This hotel is a little way away form the centre of Apia however is an easy walk to the harbor front.
The negatives were the wireless internet. It was far too expensive and not reliable. But this seemed to be the problem everywhere in Samoa.
Don't change money at the hotel. Sure I know hotels never offer the best rates, but this hotel was charging a 20% commission.
I also found the complimentary breakfast a but ordinary. Most mornings I walked down to a restaurant called Portofino on the marina and has an excellent breakfast.
All in all it wasn't a bad place to stay. Next time I find myself in Apia I will probably try somewhere else, but if Le Alaimoana is where I find myself I won't be too disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front or at the back of the hotel. If you are in the centre you will have the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PJMAUNDER
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed in the Le Alaimoana Hotel early this year and absolutely LOVED it... we were taken care of and the staff were very helpful and sooo friendly...makes a big difference when staff greet you with a smile ..... I stayed there with my three boys and they didn't want to leave..... will definitely stay there again when travelling to the homeland again.... Highly recommend A++++++

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 3Rugratz
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Leaving Le Alaimoana was like leaving home; we had such a magical time there. The staff are wonderful and welcoming, the rooms clean and comfortable and the grounds gorgeous. Every day began with a delectable complimentary breakfast, enjoyed in a tropical garden beside a pool. The hotel is located an easy walk from Apia, with its colourful markets crammed with locally-made clothes and handicrafts—close enough to the action but far enough for peace and tranquility. There’s a marine reserve a few minutes walk away, where you can swim and snorkel in a placid lagoon. If you want to go jogging there’s a large park next door with a full-sized track and arena. We did much of our own cooking and a sprinkling of small shops, and a vegetable stand, provided for most of our needs—along with some visits to Apia’s fabulous fish market. Just across the way is a taxi stand. That’s where we discovered Leo, an obliging and knowledgeable driver who showed us around his beautiful island. My wife and I want to return to Upolu. When we do, it will be to stay with our second family at the lovely Le Alaimoana.
Period of stay Feb. 23-29 and March 9, 2012
Chris McGowan

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. We chose the first floor, where we could sit on the balcony in the evening a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris M
Reviewed March 4, 2012

clean rooms and of coarse helpful staff. you will have a complimentary breakfast every morning of fresh fruits, porridge and more.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo