“Great Spot”

Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Apia
New Zealand
“Great Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent five nights here with our university aged children. The fales are spotless and roomy, the people (family) who worked there were lovely and friendly. The amenities were also kept very clean. Lovely beach, South Pacific paradise.....great stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Chch_NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My partner and I recently spent a week at Litia Sini Beach Resort and would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing beach retreat. It is a family run resort and we were made to feel completely welcome from start to finish. The whole team are friendly and went out of their way to remember our names and make us feel like part of the family.

Litia Sini Beach Resort is located on the nicest beach on the island. The beach is private, the water is warm and although the reef suffered in the Tsunami several years ago there are still plenty of fish to look at while snorkelling.

The fales have stunning views of the sea, and are clean and comfortable with everything we needed for our week long stay. The small deck at the front of the fale was great for getting some shade and enjoying a Vailima as the sun went down each evening.

There is not a lot to do on the South side of the island but this was part of the appeal and ensured that we simply relaxed and enjoyed the surroundings and great hospitality.

Thanks again to Lydia and the team at Litia Sini Beach Resort for sharing your piece of paradise with us an making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked this resort as a result of reviews here, and I was so pleased that Litia's lived up to all the good reports.
We stayed here for 5 nights with our 3 children in a beach front fale that had a queen bed plus three singles. As the previous reviewers say- the rooms are cleaned well daily, along with the communal showers and toilets. The food tasty and plentiful, and they make an effort for kids as well.
The thing that makes Litia's special is the great staff- they take a genuine interest in each guest, and are always friendly and nice. It does make the place memorable. The group meal times are also a change from the usual, and helps make the whole place feel more friendly and inclusive. We were lucky enough to have a fiafia night while we were there which was an absolute highlight of Samoa.
The beach was great with warm water, and lots of inquisitive fish to delight the kids. The snorkelling is close by, and this was good for those non confident swimmers. The reef is sadly mostly wrecked, but had patches of life and a good variety of fish.
I would have preferred a fridge and kettle in the room- for the price paid this should really be standard. And insect screens on the windows would mean they wouldn't need mosquito nets over the beds (not that I saw a mosquito- just moth type bugs at night). But apart from that I couldn't ever complain about our stay.
We did the volcano and plantation tour with Joe which was excellent. We also hired a car for our stay which meant we could explore the area- this was really handy, as our kids like a bit more the do than all day on the beach. We went into Apia for the day which was only an hour or so away, and went to the markets and the sliding rocks- very worth it!
We loved Litia's and would absolutely recommend it to other families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank threebluekids
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The fales are simple but clean, with a fan and mosquito nets, and they are lockable. The meals are really tasty and vary every day. The staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It had a great family/community feel and you feel like you are made to be a part of this. Their fiafia night on friday night was a definate highlight, they are so passionate about what they do. I would also recommend their day tours. My sister and I did both the Umu tour, which was so informative and a real insight into their village/culture and the day tour which took us around the island to some beautiful sites and was also really informative.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ZMos
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Basic but clean and comfortable with great staff. The fales contain a double bed and 2 singles and a New Zealand electric socket. They are spotlessly clean and each has a deck with table and chairs.
The bed linen is changed daily. They all look out over the most stunning beach, swimming at all tides. We took a kettle and a bodum and we also packed 2 beach chairs and beach towels. Toilets and showers are communial and really clean as well. Showers are cold water, but it is so warm that this is not an issue. Breakfast and dinner is smorgesbord, the platters are small but replenished as they empty, there was always plenty to eat. We stayed 9 nights, I never put a pair of shoes on my feet, and a couple of sarongs, swimsuits and dresses were all the clothes I required, so there was heaps of room in our cases for lifes luxuries. Lunch is al a carte, and they also supply kids meals.
The fish and chips with salad was divine and at 18 Tala - great value. There are no shops except for a small dairy about 200 metres up the road and same again in the local village.
The Fales are lockable, and the staff are incredibly honest, we left all sorts of valuables and money in our fales, it was never touched. My husband and I will definately return here, it was a great experience, I feel as if I have been away for a month it was so relaxing.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms have a great view of the whole beach but it takes a couple of nights to get used t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Apia, Samoa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed her with my 2 sisters earlier this month. Very clean and comfortable fales, right on the most beautiful beach.
Only criticism would be that at dinner and breakfast, it was a bit of a race to get the food and it tended to run out. We were 5 minute late for dinner and missed out on the soup.
Breakfast the same.
I would rather have something for dessert like fresh fruit rather that an entree like soup and to have tea and coffee available all day and after meals.
Aga Reef served an amazing lunch for a very reasonable price.

Would be good to have the foot bowls emptied and refilled with water more frequently.
Even with meals included (not lunches) felt it was overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Christchurch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

One of my 'issues' with my time in Samoa was a lack of cleanliness - I'm happy to say this was not the case here. The Fale style rooms are cleaned daily and the toilet blocks are lovingly tended by the sweetest lady I met on my trip. All of the staff are so friendly, making an effort to remember your name and make sure you are enjoying your stay. Make sure your stay includes a Friday night as Fia Fia night is not to be missed! The food was nice, but after six nights it was feeling very same old same old - I would love to see a bit more variety here. I also feel that a fridge and tea/coffee making facilites in the room should be provided given the cost of the accommodation. All in all a great place and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Aga Reef Resort
Sa'Moana Resort
Sa'Moana Resort
#9 of 30 in Apia
Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa

Been to Litia Sini Beach Resort? Share your experiences!