We may have been spoilt by our stay on Savai'i Lagoon Resort but I thought Litia Sini was an average place to stay on our trip in Samoa. I guess what didn't appeal to me was similar to a previous review which described the school camp feeling about the shared space.
Our plan was we had seven nights, eight days in Samoa. We spent six nights and six days on Savai'i which we have visited before and loved and then we wanted to drive around Upolu to check out what was on offer. I picked Litia Sini from other travellers reports and it's location on the island. We got off the ferry, drove to Apia for a hour or so then crossed over. The weather was fairly average until we arrived at Litia Sini where the sun was shining so we opted for a snorkel.
Once we got in the water the devastation from the tsunami (we presume) was apparent as all the coral was dead/slowly recovering and compared to our snorkeling experience at Savai'i Lagoon it was very disappointing.
Our room was small and clean and the view incredible. The deck outside was sheltered from the wind and we enjoyed spending some time reading.
Dinner is at 6.30pm and it was two courses (soup then mains) and I thought it was incredibly average. Yip I'm fussy but don't care you don't have to spend money to have quality food. We ate because we were hungry and nothing more. Everyone was friendly, but the people were a mixture of older, retired types (60%) and younger early 20's with a couple, like us, in between. We didn't hang around after and went out for a walk. The bar area definitely didn't encourage us to stay and mingle.
The next morning breakfast was served between 8.30-9.30. I ate some cornflakes and warm milk (yuck) and my partner ate some rock-hard toast and rubbery eggs before we hit the road and carried on with our drive (which coincidentally we both loved - driving around the coast back towards Apia was beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed it).
Our overall impression was one night was lovely but we probably wouldn't return. It was expensive for a 'low budget' option and not good value if you compared to Savai'i Lagoon Resort but their was nothing offensive about staying at Litia Sini just not us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Litia Sini Beach Resort (fales) are located on the South Coast of Upolu Island where the white sand beach and lagoon in Lalomanu village really does look like the travel brochure. Litia's beach is most popular for snorkeling, scuba diving and other water activities in the clear blue waters of Lalomanu. The natural beauty of ocean views and swaying palms makes Litia's beach resort a paradise to relax and re-energize the tired mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Litia Sini Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Litia Sini Beach Hotel Apia
- Litia Sini Beach Lalomanu
- Litia Sini Beach Resort Samoa/Apia