“Central position a plus.”
Review of Hotel Elisa

and 1 more site!
Hotel Elisa
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just spent a fortnight at this hotel and if you're after a clean, spacious room in a handy position then Hotel Elisa will suit. We had booked a self contained unit but my advice - DO NOT! We took one look at the dark dingy unit (in a separate building from the hotel) and asked to be moved back to the hotel. Staff were typical Samoan, laid back and always smiling until we tried to check out. The invoice they printed for me was a shocker and just didn't make sense. Fortunately I'd taken a copy of my Hotels.com booking to show that we had paid in full. The free tropical breakfast was adequate for us (although one morning we were told they had run out of tea bags!!) but the one meal we ate in their restaurant was very average but then food in Samoa I found quite bland. If you are wanting to spend the day by the pool then this is not the hotel for you, the pool is accessed through a service area and is a small above ground pool with a deck surround and not very nice surrounds. Wi-fi connection is through "Lavaspot" on a pay per hour arrangement, available from reception, but if you go to the Lavaspot office in Apia you can buy a 5 hour package cheaper. This is a good hotel to use as a base but only just makes it's three star rating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janis P

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I checked into Hotel Elisa in July and had made reservations with them months in advance. So before our trip to Samoa I called to make sure our booking etc was okay and was ensured that all was okay. On the day of check-in they had couldn't find my reservation with them in the system and after telling them I had called from overseas and spoke to them...they denied they spoken to me :/ It was a very frustrating morning cause the supervisor 'Atarina' denied taking my call from overseas...I was very very disappointed. After showing my email of confirmation, they had no choice but give me a room. Advice to those travelling to Hotel Elisa, take your emails they send to you or else they'll deny ever having a conversation with you LOL......worst ever customer service with Front Office stqff..housekeeping girls do a better job :) ..will never stay there again! also waste the time having a t.v cause of bad reception with the good old rabbit ears.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank iks75
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently returned for another visit to this hotel, having stayed there a few years ago. The number 1 bonus of this hotel is its location - a five minute walk to the business area of Apia and almost next door to the market and bus station. the location is also extremely quiet. I really enjoyed my airconditioned room, which was very spacious and scrupulously clean - likewise the bathroom - it was gleaming. The staff are lovely, so friendly and approachable, although the receptionist seemed quite indifferent to the fact that the credit card facilities were not working when I arrived. The bar and wait staff were equally delightful.The only disappointment, which was really disappointing - the chef failed to turn up for work on that night so there were no meals available in the restaurant. The Elisa Hotel is quite pricey and for what I paid for my room, I expected that the restaurant would be open for guests, particularly as the hotel was full. (peak season) This is not acceptable in the competitive tourist market in Samoa, and damaging to the hotel's reputation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JohnnyAuckland
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Samoa don't have all that many places to stay in, specially not in town, but this is good value for money.

The pool area was under renovation when we visited, but still soo worth having a pool that you can use somehow when it's this hot.

The rooms are very basic and not the faint hearted, but as a backpackertraveller not expecting much this was a good starting point for exploring the rest of the main island.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Antifeminist
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks with family and I must say it has improved alot from the last time I stayed here in 2011. The bathrooms and kitchen were much cleaner this time round, Did not see any roaches once. Highlight of our trip were the staff - very friendly, approachable and helpful. From the cleaners to the receptionsists to the bartenders to the porters, Everyone was great! Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Joan_U408
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Have stayed in the budget rooms and non-budget rooms. The budget rooms are just that, with fan and tired furnishings and floor coverings. Not bad for the price considering you get to use the pool and other things the guests staying in the non-budget rooms get. The non-budget rooms have good air-conditioning but are not as nice as some of the other hotels in the area. The pool is pretty average and the area around it isn't that inviting. Staff are friendly though. Recommend the budget rooms for budget travellers but if you're after something more, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for a night.

The room was really large located in the main road so you can easily walk everywhere.

The lady at reception was nice with a big smile.She was ok when we wanted to changed the room. We booked twin beded room but they gave us double so we wanted to change.

There was a tv in the room but no channels worked properly but we did not really care as were really tired and the beds were comfortable.

Bathroom was clean water was hot.

We got up really early to go to the airport but there was water cut. One of the new guests was literally abusing the staff at the reception because of this water cut .I was really impressed how the staff was calm and handle the situation well.

I think it is great place to spend a night.

Room Tip: get a room with ocean view