“Management lacks interest in customer satisfaction.”
Review of Hotel Millenia

Hotel Millenia
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Spouse & self stayed here due to the fact that the Tusitala where I normally stay was closed for renovations. Greeted by helpful staff at 0230. Deluxe room was very small but aircond. No natural ventilation, one window with no screening (heaps of mosquitoes). TV not working, despite 10 days of requests to fix. Samoan staff very helpful, however owner/managers seem to be reluctant to attending to any matter that may cost money.
Same goes for complimentry breakfast, great if you were a fruit bat that liked white bread and weak coffee. Same everyday no variation on Papaya, cheapest bananas, cornflakes, cardboard bread & PC jam. I did get a corporate discount on an overpriced room but paid the penalty. Will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 15, 2009

When me and my boyfriend booked our room at Hotel Millenia we didn't expect it to be a great hotel. And it turns out that we were right. I have nothing bad to say about the service because the staff were very nice and helpful. The room we had was quite the disappointment. It was like we were living in a cellar. Everything was white and very boring. Nice airconditioner though! The room was very small and on the bottom floor. When we were going to bed someone decided to have a shower upstairs, and it was very loud! So if someone decides to have a shower late at night, don't expect to get much sleep!

Location however is quite good. Walking distance to the markets and the shops.

Go stay at this hotel if you don't expect too much out of it! But my advice to you is to go stay somewhere else than Apia for the majority of your holiday!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KrystalDream
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My husband and I have friends in Samoa who recommended this hotel due its location and slightly cheaper rates. However, with the cheap rates came cheap service!! On the first day, the staff showed us to our room etc - the service was just 'okay', nothing five star. Unfortunately, on the third day of our stay, we had trouble locating a few items of jewellery which were left in the bathroom while we went out sightseeing.
When we brought this up with the manager, I was appalled at the way he handled the situation. He basically accused my husband and I of lying and did not deal with the situation professionally. Well needless to say we left the hotel and camped elsewhere but to everyone thinking of making a booking - you've been warned. If you don't mind being treated like rubbish from someone who is meant to be caring and proffessional then go ahead. p.s our items were not returned!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I spent a lot of time prior to our trip researching accommodation in Samoa - trip advisor being my main source. I chose Hotel Millenia due to the location and did not seem too commercial.

The airport shuttle service was great and we arrived to the hotel with excited anticipation. Unfortunately we were not put in the room we had orignially organised. We started to worry when the walk to our room involved scrambling over a construction site! We were placed in the new wing, albeit nice, it was obviously not completed yet, there were cables coming out of the wall where the TV should be and sewerage was coming up throught the shower, the sink and the toilet looked like it was going to overflow.

We enjoyed a nice meal at the Hotel that evening which had a lovely atmosphere, outside overlooking the harbour.

The next morning we drew the curtains to see a complete construction site outside our room on the far side of the new pool. Obviously this is not condusive to a restful stay. Other guests seemed to be equally 'miffed' with the situation.

As we had booked our accommodation through Samoan Hotel Association (who I fully recommend) we visited their office in town and they promptly sorted the problem out for us. We checked out one day early and were not required to pay for the night we had stayed.

I would just like to say, my criticism does not reflect on the wonderful and friendly service we received at the hotel - purely on the fact that during major construction I don't think hotels should receive guests. When the construction is completed I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel - just check before you book.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed here on our first night in Samoa taking two rooms for my parents also travelling with us. The new Hotel at the rear was under construction at the time so very noisy and lots of workers everywhere, the rooms were very average.
We went for breakfast and were told our bags would be safe and no one would enter room as we were checking out in a few hours, my father then went back 5 minutes later as was feeling unwell only to find 3 staff in the room!. We dicovered they had stolen NZ cheese from the fridge and some food from my bag, they also raided my fathers room of a new bottle of chanel!. I have made a complaint to the manager who assures me all 3 staff will be fired.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Stayed at Hotel Millennia for the last three nights of our 8 night stay in Samoa. The place itself is nice and clean. There are three levels - ground level where the restaurant and reception is, 1st level which has most of the rooms and a charming lounge area with a great open view of the harbour, then there's the top level which has another 4 rooms. The local travel agency we booked through, Polynesian xplorer, knew the place well so booked us in a room on the top level, opposite side to the night club (there's a night club right next door - on the right of the hotel) so the noise didn't really bother us. The room was spacious, clean and had good air conditioning. We had a view of the ocean but was only through a small window above the bed. Double bed was comfortable. Beds were made and fresh towels provided each day.

Service was good. Staff were very friendly and helpful but a little bit casual at times. After confirming the night before that breakfast started at 7am we went down just after 7 to find the restaurant was still closed as staff hadn't arrived on time for work. We waited until about 7:30 but then had to leave to make an early appointment so were a little disappointed. Managed to make breakfast on the other 2 mornings. Complimentary breakfast was basic and consisted of a small bowl of cereal, glass of juice, piece of toast and a piece of fruit. Other food was available to order from the menu.

Overall our stay was pleasant and found this Hotel to be reasonable value for money.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank walkaboutkiwi
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Stayed at Hotel Millennia our first night in Samoa. We arrived late and left early the next morning so didn't spend much time there. The room was very cheap at $150 tala ($75 Aust) however would probably have been worth spending a bit more to get a room upstairs as our room was on the bottom floor and right next to the nightclub so the music was coming straight through to our room. Also reception was around the corner which is 24 hours and they were quite noisy. Bed was very uncomfortable (we could feel the springs through the mattress) but we were only there one night so it served it's purpose. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple