“poor management/maintenance,safety for guests,service-loud music”
Review of Hotel Millenia

Hotel Millenia
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Safety-A drunken local was found turning the guests' door knobs before midnight
Broken down air conditioning
Hard and squeaky which was very uncomfortable and kept me awake for 2 nights
I got shifted twice due the uncomfortable squeaky bed, broken down air-condition
Loud music from the pub next door.
Unprofessional and disrespectful way my constructive feedback was handled by the management

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ana C
There are newer reviews for Hotel Millenia

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Hotel Millenia is situated on the absolute waterfront in Beach Rd Apia Samoa. It is approximately 10 minutes from the centre of town using a beautiful path around the sea wall. The staff are outstanding in their attention to their guests and all requests for assistance are attended to with a smile. The cocktail bar and restaurant are very reasonably priced and are open from 7am. (I only had breakfast at that time!) After some difficulty with the hot water (fixed with a smile) we settled into our family holiday/reunion/birthday celebration. The rooms were serviced daily and were well fitted out with air-con, TV and comfortable beds. Our room had a view of the lagoon and outer reef from the balcony. There was good Wi-Fi coverage but provided by a private Company by subscription although you could top up at reception. The Management and Staff were very pleasant and professional. Some had completed training at the Australian Pacific Technical College in hospitality studies. Breakfast was included in the room tarrif (around AUD$90.00 per night for 2 persons) Pool area was nice.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear of the Hotel are quieter (not near the cocktail bar)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed 3 nights as part of a school group of 29. The rooms were of a very generous size. The pool was a good size for the hotel; they have a lovely lounge area with casual chairs and a dining room table. It was a short walk to town so that was good. The reception was efficent and all rooms were allocated and ready to go. The food at the resturant was reasonably priced, you could get a 2 course meal for 30 tala, we ate 2 meals there and because we had 29 we gave our orders in a hour earlier. These all came out at the same time, were all correct and about 5 minutes after we sat down. Would definately stay here again. The only issue was the shower water drained back into the bathroom in our room, we had a ask for extra teabags and milk as they didn't refresh them everyday and the night club next door was a bit noisy when we wanted to go to sleep on the last night, so I was glad we left on the Friday because it could have been a problem over the weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank namel
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first stay at Millenia. I had a deluxe room by the pool which was HUGE - with a queen size bed and a single bed. For me everything else was to be expected, quite basic furnishings and clean enough, although you can tell that it had probably been some time since the floor was mopped. The complimentary breakfast was nice and the restaurant meals were decently priced too. Friday night saw a very loud function being held at the hotel that seemed to take over the entire hotel, it was noisy but it quietened down by about 11pm and the noise didn't bother me anyway. Staff were lovely and always friendly.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very big and spacious
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DancingWave
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After spending 19 days In Samoa staying one night at Airport Lodge on arrival, 9 nights at Seabreeze Resort, 7 nights at Sinalei Resort we opted to stay at a medium class hotel before departure and at Apia to finish our sightseeing. We decided on Millenia which after seeing the other hotels/resorts close by we are sorry we did not pick one of those
We had booked at least 12 months in advance for a deluxe room on arrival they took us to a ground floor garden view, not on I complained and the answer from the Manager, I will go and see what is available. He came back to us and took us upstairs to a deluxe room, someone had just moved out dirty room not cleaned or beds made etc he said leave your bags and come back in an hour, which we did not a good start. The long and the short of it our booking was for 5 nights we maybe should have looked next door. Also this resort is the local PUB so all is busy at night time.
We never ate at the resort only for the breakfast included in the tariff.
The water was sometimes cold for a shower and dont expect any hairdryer or much bathroom extras
They do supply coffee tea making get your milk from the bar also ice available
Wif-fi is .................... forget
The room was large, light and clean after all and central walking distance to main shopping and markets and something to see all the time if sitting on the balcony
Because we arrived a 1 hour before book in time and then couldnt get into our room because it wasnt ready, they wanted to charge us for another full day, which of cause we refused so be careful if you arrive before they book in time which I think is 12 noon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My first stay at Millenia, after coming to Samoa since 1991, I thought it would be nice to start sampling a few places I have never stayed at. I have been here before for meals but this was my first stay! As I come to the Pacific for business I stressed how important the internet was for me to have 24 hour access, I mentioned this on each of my emails to the hotel. For the first 2 days I had virtually no internet, when I mentioned it I was told I could sit in reception and use their wifi spot(OK for reception to have great internet but not for paying clients). After 2 days, also my room still had no hot water at all! So I was shifted to the other end of the top floor from rm 35 to 46. Water was warm internet was about 40% which was not too bad. Next 2 days no internet in the afternoon at all, there was enough bandwidth to connect but not to open pages. At $65WST for 5 hours not very cost effective when it logs in and takes time off your allowance but does not allow any access.
I told hotel management that I would not come back here whilst they still had such bad internet! I told them to tell their ISP that and I am sending them an email also.
Outside of that whinge, I found the rooms to be large, bright and comfortable, I was very happy with them, other than the water not being hot. In room fridge (But it turns off when you take the key out when you leave the room so things chill then warm) Air con is very good as is room lighting which surprised me as most hotels in Samoa have very poor lighting.
One thing which surprised me was that the walkway to the row of doors for the "deluxe" accommodation, had a wall about 7ft high. I thought there would be a good view over the bay behind Mulinuu peninsula and up to the mountains behind. So I jumped up to see what I could see and found the reason for the hiding wall is that there are about 6 -8 large maybe up to 50,000 litres, of fuel. Less than half a stones throw from my room. In most countries it would not be permissible to build hotel accommodation so close to such a facility but Fa'a Samoa as we say!
Restaurant is very nice, only the seawall and the road between you and the harbour! Food is well presented and cooked as you like it. As others have mentioned a restricted same every day lunch and/or dinner menu. But still very nice and costs are very competitive with other equal eateries!
Breakfast is "complimentary" meaning they have jacked up the charge for your room to cover the cost of the breakfast! For the reason of it being complimentary, it is the same every day, 3 "Baines Marie" for presentation only, they are not actually heated in any way, so as soon as the food goes in it starts to cool or in some cases coagulate! So for breakfast get in early.
With the seabreeze which blows through the restaurant it is sufficient to keep mosquitos at bay, but in all other places where there is shade and no breeze take your repellent.

Room Tip: Rear wing top deck, so called "Deluxe" but everyone who stayed in the other rooms seemed t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the deluxe rooms. Clean and comfortable and excellent value.The staff were friendly and helpful in all areas of the hotel and I particularly enjoyed the service in the bar and reataurant..
My only criticism would be the food which I thought was quite average and someone should explain to the kitchen that an entree is usually served before the main and not at the same time or after.
The hotel is well located and only a short walk to the centre of town..so easy if you want to go out for a meal or if you want a taxi there are always cabs just over the road from the hotel.
Overall an enjoyable stay at Millenia.

Room Tip: Request a deluxe room in the new section of the hotel..Rooms in the old part are too close to the ba...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo