“Amazing place”

Hillside Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place was such a find. We enjoyed both the meals we had there and just wished that we had found the place sooner on our trip to Apia. The food was awesome and the view was great. Christoph was a lovely host. We highly suggest this place and will look forward to more Gnocchi and Cocoa Samoa when we return!

1  Thank eganandrea
There are newer reviews for Hillside Cafe

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Our family visited this Cafe for our last day in Samoa.
We sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view and the refreshing mountain breeze.
Great home cooked Gnocchi with yummy mushrooms. My wife had the Gnocchi with blue cheese.
Our host Christoph was charming and we also enjoyed a tasty lemon tart with a special Cocoa Samoa layer.
This is a must for those who love their food especially home cooked pasta.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

After living in Samoa almost a year now, and having been at Hillside for several occasions, I wanted to share my thoughts. Hillside is a place like no-other, nor only is the food made with precision and quality products, the host and staff ensure that you feel most welcomed and service is excellent! I love it for its breakfast, lunch and private dinner bookings. I has made me, enjoy Samoa even more. Thank you and we will be back !!!

2  Thank Carmad3700
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My partner had done a bit of research before we left and found some good reviews of Hillside Cafe. We weren't let down.

It is a small little cafe and effectively eating in the host's home but that made it even friendlier as far as I was concerned.

On the whole, food is pretty bad in Samoa. I think I've been living in Melbourne too long and perhaps my standards are too high. But, Christoph presented us with some great food and Samoan Cocoa when we turned up for a late lunch.

The food is prepared with real love and Christoph is obviously passionate about presenting good food but also pretty healthy food as well. Christoph is not a fan of processed rubbish.

Not only did we eat wonderful food but Christoph was a friendly and informative host as well. Christoph knows a lot about Samoa and what is going on and gave us some great insight.

Highly recommended as a place to eat.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We're local and love being able to get excellent coffee and great side plates all accompanied by very friendly and informative service. The views are peaceful down to the sea. It's a gathering place for our friends and every other Thursday there is a Blues Night with Christoph on guitar and various members of his band (depending on who's on island) on base, sax, acoustic guitar and whatever else they play. It's fun and intimate with good food (gnocchi with a very tart blue vein cheese or chili con carne), sitting under the stars or inside if wet. The Cafe can be booked out so ring to check. You can get a bus to the restaurant (Tiapapata) but a cab will cost very little.