“Day out”

Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Apia
More attraction details
Owner description: You may want to try this again and again once you've experienced the thrill of skimming the 16-foot waterfall down this natural rock slide.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Many, many steps to walk down, so when having to go back it is hot climbing the steps in the sun. There is a nice wee pool at the bottom of the big slide, but be warned injuries happen quickly. I took a small sliding rock and injured my wrist and tailbone as the rocks are slimey.

1  Thank pauldeb_13
in 37 reviews
"courage"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

You really need to have your wits about you to do this and it has to be after a little bit of rain but not too much. Typically you want to go about 2 days after a heavy rain, this allows for enough water that is clean to enjoy the location. Bring food and enjoy the Samoan fales for lunch. You will be greeted by a Samoan lady who will take your entrance fee 5-10 tala. Walk the concrete steps down to the stream and ride the natural rock slides. There are usually locals there swimming so you might want to watch them first to figure out where the best places are to slide. But this place was a lot of fun.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Who needs a water park when you've got three fabulously fast, natural rock slides. I suggest you wear water shoes, I was going very fast down the slide and my feet hit the bottom of the pool. I might have gotten a cut or something on my foot without shoes on. If you are traveling with young kids, this might not be the thing for them. Probably 9 years old and up would have a fantastic time. If you are traveling with older people who might not be in great shape, there are over 200 steps leading to the sliding rock as it is down in a canyon. My mom made the trip down (she's 60) and she slid down all of the rocks, but if you aren't good with stairs you might not want to visit this spot.
If you aren't sure where the sliding spots are, just ask one of the kids or someone already there to show you!

It's inexpensive, picturesque, and terrifically fun. The garden at the top is beautiful and there are nice restrooms where you can change clothes if you need to. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed July 11, 2013

brilliant few hours there, they are pretty scary at first but once we saw the locals do it first we had the best morning ever. would recommend waiting for it to rain and go within that week as when we went the landings were a bit shallow but still slide- able.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I really wanted to visit these rocks. The grounds and flowers are beautiful and well kept. The stairs were intimidating and I wondered how I would fare on the climb back up (answer - just fine if I took my time). We could have done with some directions at the bottom, and I think I only really saw 2 of the 3 rock slides. I didn't have the courage to slide myself but did swim in the beautifully warm and refreshing waters. I just wished the pool was bigger and deeper. Congrats to the nice taxi driver at the top who didn't push when we said we had booked are return journey, infact he rang up to ensure they were on the way (they were)