“quietly dissappointed”

Nella's
Ranked #66 of 84 Restaurants in Apia
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I liked the restaurant, it was big, clean, quiet. They had a good selection of value meals/combo meals and our meals came out fairly quickly. I was just hoping for more flavour. We ordered chicken and also a burger. I had expected something spicy, maybe even a little zing.... unfortunately I found it to be bland. However, the servings were generous.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had originally a meal for one but it could be he was too into listening to the music he hearing was not in tune to my request. And they should really employ more professional and skilled people one servers with long nails and no gloves....got my point. Also the food was great but please makes sure they actually know what they are doing ...your back kitchen staff.

CustomerCare_NELLAS, Owner at Nella's, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Nella's all employees are required to have short nails without nail polish etc, to ensure this is adhered to, we do nail inspection twice weekly. All employees use stainless steel tongs for cooked food handling & do wear gloves for raw food handling. We will look into your observations and address them accordingly, as this is not usual practice at any Nella's outlet. Thank you.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Have the best fried chicken in town had to go back for more, always welcoming everytime i went, and loved that it was open late nights, for those late night snacks.
Have tried the burgers they're alright but mainly going back for their chicken.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The above meal was so good we came back again (despite me usually being vegetarian and craving a fresh salad). Definitely the best fast-food burger I have EVER had, hands down. Not too hot like some other reviews, perfectly seasoned chicken, the right amount of special sauce. Could do with some more salad, maybe some tomato and red onion. That wouldn't nearly bring it close to the 'eat healthy' label it touts but it'd help. I'm sure this would attract a lawsuit in the states but thankfully not in Samoa.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

A fast food restaurant with burgers, fish and chicken available with a bit of salad or coleslaw for a reasonable price, especially for Apia.