“Absolutely Sensational”

AquaSamoa
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Apia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located in Apia, AquaSamoa is the only PADI 5 Star Resort Centre on Island. We have been operating in Samoa since 2003, and have gained a good reputation for our PADI Courses and dives. We are situated On Mulinuu Peninsula. Close to Apia CBD and Marina/Port Precinct. We attract divers and snorkelers from all Resorts on the island. Our main dive sites are offshore on the middle and outer reef, but there is still much to explore in a region which offers walls, coral gardens, canyons, cracks in the reef, chimneys, lava tubes and many different pinnacles. We offer ‘explorer’ dives to our Advanced Divers and above, many of whom have had sites either named after them or given them a name of their own choosing. We cater for all members of the family from children up to grandparents. Water temperature here ranges from 26-28degrees in winter (end May to September) and 28-31degrees for the remainder of the year - perfect..Samoa is a safe beautiful country with an interesting culture and people, growing tourism and great warm water diving. It is easy & quick to get to and from surrounding countries, and is in all honesty just at the start of its tourism growth and potential. Come and see us at AquaSamoa - So you've Dived the South Pacific, have you Dived Samoa Yet???
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Absolutely Sensational”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been diving for more years than I care to remember and have experienced Europe, the Americas, most of the Pacific, Micronesia, Asia and Australia. I completed 12 dives with Aqua Samoa and only repeated one site (because it deserved it). One cannot possibly rate ANY site with only a couple of "excursions". I cannot speak too highly of this location or the operator. In Vanuatu (Vila) everyone raves about The Cathedral. It's esentially a cavern crevice at the head of an old lava flow. It is beautiful but much of the diving around this part of Samoa is similar terrain .... it's like having a whole world of "Cathedrals" to explore! So many swim-throughs, caves, crevices etc etc. I found "Tunnel" to be particularly special ... which is a couple of pinnacles with a little bit of current. On my day there we had 30 - 40m vis, four or five nice reefies (one about to give birth) and plenty of big eye. Back at the shop I eventually counted 46 or 47 sites that Aqua Samoa dive regularly (this is huge compared to almost anywhere in the world). Some may be a little repetitive but by and large each offers something quite unique and very beautiful. Even AS's training area, "Fish Bowl", is something quite extraordinary ..... amazing, healthy coral and enough fish life to well and truly live up to it's name. Most of the reviews appear to support my inteptretation of this location and operator. Ignore the couple that don't .... imo they haven't completed enough dives or frankly are just miserable souls who would not 'get it' wherever they were.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank 1259davidm

New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good scuba experience - not so good snorkelling”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked 3 trips with these guys - 2 scuba excursions and 1 snorkeling trip. The scuba trips were enjoyable. Samoa doesn't have the best diving in the world, but the dive masters were good (my wife especially enjoyed her dives with Sarah), and we even got to do an exploratory dive in a new location. Very nice. The new wreck site is a decent size and will soon be full of life. Worth requesting this dive if you enjoy wrecks. Vis was pretty average - 20m approx, less at times.
Only downside was the snorkeling trip which I was encouraged to do with my 8yr old daughter who is very new to snorkeling. Once we got to the site, the local guide we got shot off on his own after realizing my daughter was a bit scared to get in the water leaving me to cajole her in. She ended up sitting out the trip and I went off to find the guide. When I found him I called off the trip (which I was only doing for the sake of my daughter) and we headed back. At the dive shop no one showed much interest in what went wrong and when it came time to pay we were asked to pay the full price for the trip. After we pointed out that my daughter didn't even get in the water they agreed to only charge her half price but I still feel the experience left a bitter aftertaste. I had been considering another day of scuba but this changed my mind. It's how you deal with customers who haven't had a good experience that counts and in this case AquaSamoa dropped the ball in my opinion.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Aengus J
Wamban
“Just a great experience.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We spent ten days diving with Aqua Samoa and had a ball. The team was professional, prompt and above all safe and friendly. The diving itself is everything it's cracked up to be, don't just go for a snorkel in the lagoon and think that that's all there is; get out and see the drop offs and the surrounding reefs in general. Easily worth the time and money.
The diving around Apolima was simply breathtaking. More importantly, the crew are adaptable to your needs and abilities with respect to sites and access. Something in particular you'd like to see? Just ask. We're actually planning to head back to Samoa soon for another diving trip and look forward to seeing the Aqua Samoa crew again.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I can't say anything bad about the guys at Aqua samoa. We cant swim very well so we didnt want to go snokeling by ourselves and we wanted to go with people who were professionals as we didnt want to get in trouble with no one to help. Aqua samoa were the best. The Samoan boys who took us know every inch of the reef and looked after us the wholeway. They gave us noodles to hold on to and make us feel more safer and if it wasnt for going out with them we would not have had the guts to try. We were scared of going into waters we did not know about currents there or anything. We got free bananas to eat when we got back and it was a experience we wont forget. Definetely go out with them.

Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Unspoilt diving with professional operators”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Well organised, high quality gear, terrific instructors and boat crew, and plenty of fun along the way. Aquasamoa personalised the dives after assessing the experience of the clients and chose sites which were varied but safe. They were also flexible enough to alter schedules when the weather let us down. The instructors and crew obviously have years of experience between them and understand and know the conditions.

Visited January 2013

Been to AquaSamoa? Share your experiences!