“Expensive but tasty”

Bistro Tatau
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Apia
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Smart casual dining in cool air conditioned comfort. Full bar and the most extensive wine list in Samoa served by professional wait staff. Global roaming menu with daily specials sourced from local suppliers and markets. Are you by yourself? - No worries - welcome, we have a table just for you. Have a group of up to 40 for sit down? No problems - come on in and enjoy our private/ VIP dining room. Unique menus created for your special events. All food allergies and dietary preferences catered for. Decor includes a wide range of Polynesian artworks on display. It doesn't get better than this!
Sydney, Australia
“Expensive but tasty”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This restaurant would probably be visited only on special occasions for most. Its not cheap and the portion sizes are that of high end restaurants overseas but, it is definitely worth a try.

The food was tasty and the choices are plentiful. Desert would probably have to top the night having had a peanut type cake.

Tasty food, nice design, attentive service and very nice owners. Overall, a great restaurant to try.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Enelenz

Arlington, Virginia
“Best in Samoa!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Ross and his partner have made Bistro Tatau the premier restaurant in Apia. The food and service are first-rate and they have a wonderful wine list. Also, one the few places in Samoa that actually pours a "regulation" mixed drink. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but you defintely receive a first-class dining experience.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KBG93
Napier
“A restaurant fit for celebrities”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't expecting huge culinary delight in Samoa so Bistro Tatau took me by surprise. I was delighted to find a 2007 Framingham Riesling on the wine list. The delicious creamy texture and stone fruit notes had me wanting to go back and clean out their cellar for days after dining. The waiters here are well presented and barefoot. Once again they were attentive but I must say they were the most polished hospitality staff that I came across on the island. The food was also exceptional. I don't think we are the only ones who think this place is the best because a couple of celebrity chefs were spied dining here later in the week....

1 Thank Melanie A
Melbourne
“Quality dining experience in downtown Apia”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I ate here on Friday night as we had heard so many great things. Having spent nearly two weeks in Samoa we decided to spoil ourselves and satisfy our craving for some real fine dining food.

We were not disappointed. From the moment we entered, the service was attentive and friendly without being overbearing or intimidating. We dined in the company of our 2.5 year old, who occupied himself with his iPad (no parenting tips required - he had eaten his diner earlier). Although we were probably not the clientele they were used to, we felt welcome.

I always find it hard to chose one dish, so settled on two entrees - coconut crumbed prawns with mango chilli jam and a pork belly salad. My wife ordered a vegetarian ravioli. All the dishes were perfect. The pork belly salad was almost a main size and perfectly balanced, making for a deliciously light yet highly satisfying meal. Dessert was also sublime, a banana and caramel substitute for a sticky date pudding.

Prices are at the higher end for Samoa, but on par with western establishments here at home. 40 Tala for entrees or around 60odd for mains. 28 for dessert.

A great night out. Very happy we chose to go.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank koizi
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Never disappointed with the Bistro”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I dine at the Bistro every time I am in Samoa and can not rave enough about this restaurant. Easily the best fine dining establishment in Samoa. The food is deliciously fresh, and the service impeccable. On this last occasion I went with my sister and she was amazed with every aspect of her dining experience here. Though not cheap (compared to other restaurants), I agree it is definitely good value for money if you're looking for something a little more special :)

• Visited September 2013

Been to Bistro Tatau? Share your experiences!