“Bistro Tatau”

Bistro Tatau
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Apia
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Smart casual dining in cool air conditioned comfort. Full bar and the most extensive wine list in Samoa served by professional wait staff. Global roaming menu with daily specials sourced from local suppliers and markets. Are you by yourself? - No worries - welcome, we have a table just for you. Have a group of up to 40 for sit down? No problems - come on in and enjoy our private/ VIP dining room. Unique menus created for your special events. All food allergies and dietary preferences catered for. Decor includes a wide range of Polynesian artworks on display. It doesn't get better than this!
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a lovely meal here, cooked with flair and a well presented. The interior was laid out well and very clean. Looks a little drab on the outside and the wine list needs attention, but the food was excellent and service top notch.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had the pleasure of dining at Bistro Tatau during my recent sojourn in Samoa and it was hands down the best meal of the whole trip.

Service was attentive without being over the top in a modern decor that remained in touch with Samoan local culture thereby enhancing the whole experience.

I had the Pork Belly Salad which exploded on the tongue in the right mix of spicy and (not too) fatty followed by the Chicken Curry which was a delightful mix of subtle yet intense flavours not overpowering each other. The dessert was defining... our group shared the Creme Brulee, the Chocolate Peanut Cheesecake and the Sticky Date Pudding. THERE ARE NO WORDS.

I am lucky to eat well in fine dining restaurants on a regular basis and this was one of the best meals I've had in a long long time.

2  Thank SuperStarfish21
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I initially went in to this beautiful up-market restaurant for a quite cold drink in an air conditioned place whilst waiting for my friends at the Flea Market (directly across the road). I decided to have a light lunch and they had some good specials on the Lunch 12-2pm menu.
OMG the Coconut Toast with grilled banana and chocolate honeycomb butter is absolutely to die for! I savoured every last bite and almots licked the plate! Fantastic indulgent lunch and not very expensive for the taste either, about $15 tala which was very reasonable for a classy restaurant.

2  Thank cazoraz
Reviewed September 30, 2012

and for the amount of travelling and eating I've done, thats saying something. The menu is said to have remain unchanged for quite some time, but as a first time eater that only enhanced the quality of the preparation.

The cheese souffle is insanely good... all the meals were great. The service was impeccable... attentive and efficient while still friendly. The wine list was great also.

While this was the most expensive meal we had in Samoa, it was without question, the best!

1  Thank ropate01
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had a 6 day visit to the Island and travelled all over. This was by far the best food we had in the 6 days, Had we had more time there we would have gone back for every meal. I didnt find it expensive in standard terms, it was value for money and worth every penny for excellent food. The service was fantastic on every visit, very professional and fast which is something that was lacking in other restaurants. The choices for lunch and dinner were numerous and we didnt get a chance to try them all unfortunately. We spoke with the chef and the owner a few times and everyone was very friendly but the real star was the food. It was fresh and beautifully prepared. Such intense flavours. I had salt and pepper squid salad one day and it was fantastic, perfectly cooked. I even raved to my friends about the garlic bread, something so simple was delicious. After a week of some local restaurants serving chips, spring rolls, greasy burgers and fatty toasties this was heaven. I appreciate that some people may look at the cost and then see it as expensive compared to a local place round the corner however I feel this is so misleading. We went to a coffee bar restaurant nearby and spent the same amount of money for chips and burgers and smoothies for 2 people and waited over an hour..... and it wasnt that good. At Bistro Tatau you could get 2 lunches for the same price and drinks. Im not sure why people thought it was expensive? It would be less than what you pay here in NZ and in my experience a higher quality. Anyway.... it was heaven on a plate! I would recommend to all. My only complaint, they didnt open for breakfast!

2  Thank ailsaq

Been to Bistro Tatau? Share your experiences!